The Student Room Group

A-Level Computer Science Retake

Hey I wanted to ask if it would be possible to retake the computer science in a different exam board (I originally did AQA but I'm retaking in OCR), but not do the NEA? The only place that allows for retake students will not mark the NEA unless you're also a tuition student there, which would cost over £2000, and I can't afford that. However, the two exams would cost around £500 to do. And since the NEA is 20% of the grade, I was considering just doing the exams instead. Is that a good idea? Would Uni's still be willing to accept me?
Reply 1
Original post by Kaidensm123
Hey I wanted to ask if it would be possible to retake the computer science in a different exam board (I originally did AQA but I'm retaking in OCR), but not do the NEA? The only place that allows for retake students will not mark the NEA unless you're also a tuition student there, which would cost over £2000, and I can't afford that. However, the two exams would cost around £500 to do. And since the NEA is 20% of the grade, I was considering just doing the exams instead. Is that a good idea? Would Uni's still be willing to accept me?

20% could be very well the difference between the grade you got, and a higher grade...
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
20% could be very well the difference between the grade you got, and a higher grade...

I know, but I'm not really sure what other options I have at this point 😕 I don't know what to do
Reply 3
I know, but I'm not really sure what other options I have at this point 😕 I don't know what to do

Are there any ofther centres which you could retake at, which run the AQA course? Have you asked your original centre about what your next options could be?

It also depends on what you want to do next as well...
Reply 4
Original post by mesub
Are there any ofther centres which you could retake at, which run the AQA course? Have you asked your original centre about what your next options could be?

It also depends on what you want to do next as well...

There aren't any other centres that I can retake at, unfortunately. I think that's why they charge so high there... 😕 I'll see if I can ask the centre what my next options could be though. As for what I want to do, I haven't decided yet, but I think I might continue with computer science in Uni.
Reply 5
There aren't any other centres that I can retake at, unfortunately. I think that's why they charge so high there... 😕 I'll see if I can ask the centre what my next options could be though. As for what I want to do, I haven't decided yet, but I think I might continue with computer science in Uni.

Hi, I was in the same situation, after trying to find an exam centre for a month, i found one called School of Coding. They charge around £250 but also have some compulsory revision sessions I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending