The Student Room Group

School advice

So guys I have a question. If you got really bad AS grades and the school gave you the option to retake the whole year but you decided to continue. Would it be better to continue or retake? Even if you know yourself that retaking may be a better option but you know that retaking may not be better for you.
Original post by GEP4112
So guys I have a question. If you got really bad AS grades and the school gave you the option to retake the whole year but you decided to continue. Would it be better to continue or retake? Even if you know yourself that retaking may be a better option but you know that retaking may not be better for you.

Hey what exam board are you sitting? You should always retake just the exam as I believe your AS grade (at least for CIE) accounts for your final grade/makes up a percentage of your final grade. They usually allow you to retake the exams during March/November (in year 13). If you think you can catchup with year 12 content in year 13 and if your AS marks won't count in the final thing, I say refrain from redoing a whole year.
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey what exam board are you sitting? You should always retake just the exam as I believe your AS grade (at least for CIE) accounts for your final grade/makes up a percentage of your final grade. They usually allow you to retake the exams during March/November (in year 13). If you think you can catchup with year 12 content in year 13 and if your AS marks won't count in the final thing, I say refrain from redoing a whole year.

Aqa, edexcel, ocr

Quick Reply

Latest