The Student Room Group

Can someone help?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463423887.190683.jpg Can someone explain how this comes about. It's a C3 Past Paper in which you have to prove:

tanAsecA + (photo) = sec^2(A)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
And also why there is no integral of 1/1+sin2x?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by TomFitness
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463423887.190683.jpg Can someone explain how this comes about. It's a C3 Past Paper in which you have to prove:

tanAsecA + (photo) = sec^2(A)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confused, what exactly are you trying to prove?
Reply 3
Original post by Zacken
I'm confused, what exactly are you trying to prove?

Why does that simply to that in the pic?
Then the overall question is below

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
that question made me
:puke:
Reply 5
Why does that simply to that in the pic?
Then the overall question is below

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, multiply the top and bottom by 1sinA1-\sin A. You get 1sinA(1+sina)(1sinA)\frac{1-\sin A}{(1+\sin a)(1-\sin A)} where the denominator is difference of two squares.
Reply 6
Original post by Zacken
Oh, multiply the top and bottom by 1sinA1-\sin A. You get 1sinA(1+sina)(1sinA)\frac{1-\sin A}{(1+\sin a)(1-\sin A)} where the denominator is difference of two squares.

Thanks at least I understand how to get it but it was only a part of a question:

Proves that:
TanASecA +1/1+sinA
Is the same as sec^2(A)

So if I was to do what you done would I not have to multiply the whole line by 1-SinA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks at least I understand how to get it but it was only a part of a question:

Proves that:
TanASecA +1/1+sinA
Is the same as sec^2(A)

So if I was to do what you done would I not have to multiply the whole line by 1-SinA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

Like: 1+23=1+461 + \frac{2}{3} = 1 + \frac{4}{6}. We don't need to multiply the whole line by 22\frac{2}{2}. just the fraction.

Anyways: 1sinAcos2A=1cos2AsinAcosAcosA=sec2AsecAtanA\frac{1-\sin A}{\cos^2 A} = \frac{1}{\cos^2 A} - \frac{\sin A}{\cos A \cos A} = \sec^2 A - \sec A\tan A.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Zacken
No.

Like: 1+23=1+461 + \frac{2}{3} = 1 + \frac{4}{6}. We don't need to multiply the whole line by 22\frac{2}{2}. just the fraction.

Anyways: 1sinAcos2A=1cos2AsinAcosAcosA=sec2AsecAtanA\frac{1-\sin A}{\cos^2 A} = \frac{1}{\cos^2 A} - \frac{\sin A}{\cos A \cos A} = \sec^2 A - \sec A\tan A.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

No problem.
Reply 10
Original post by Zacken
No.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

No problem? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest