The Student Room Group

Academic Work

I'm at university and I'm heading into my third year at university in September! I struggle with theorethical framework, can anyone help me with this? I study a Sociology and Criminology degree.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
All degree courses will have models and frameworks which have been established over many years of research. Best to contact a PhD student in your department and ask them for some private tuition to help you understand the core models and frameworks.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
All degree courses will have models and frameworks which have been established over many years of research. Best to contact a PhD student in your department and ask them for some private tuition to help you understand the core models and frameworks.

I will consider doing this, but considering it is the holidays, I don't want to annoy any of these people. I'm going to be honest, I try to stray away from asking for help, because I like to do things on my own, when I was in high school, I had a girl laugh at me and tell me that I could do "Nothing on my own," she said this as a response to me asking someone to do a favour for me, this was 6 years ago, but her throwaway comment stuck with me and just because I asked someone to do one thing, didn't mean I couldn't do anything on my own.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I will consider doing this, but considering it is the holidays, I don't want to annoy any of these people. I'm going to be honest, I try to stray away from asking for help, because I like to do things on my own, when I was in high school, I had a girl laugh at me and tell me that I could do "Nothing on my own," she said this as a response to me asking someone to do a favour for me, this was 6 years ago, but her throwaway comment stuck with me and just because I asked someone to do one thing, didn't mean I couldn't do anything on my own.

People can be cruel without realising it. It has had an impact on you so you will need to work it out. An alternative is to go to tutor websites where you can find a uni lecturer and pay them to talk you through the different models. What subject are you taking at uni?
Reply 4
Original post by IFeltHome
I study a Sociology and Criminology degree.

Original post by mike23mike
People can be cruel without realising it. It has had an impact on you so you will need to work it out. An alternative is to go to tutor websites where you can find a uni lecturer and pay them to talk you through the different models. What subject are you taking at uni?

University is expensive enough, I can barely afford to go to a dentist, I definitely don't want to pay a private university lecturer, to talk me through different models, especially if someone at my school can help me for free.

Obviously, I need to work out my issues, you don't need to tell me that, Mike.
Reply 5
Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending