The Student Room Group

Psychology and sociology revision

I wanted to ask how people effectively revise for their a levels specifically psych and sociology. I have a hard time focusing and flashcards take too much time to write. I practice exam technique but is there ay other ways I can try?
Original post by x._.adeena._.x
I wanted to ask how people effectively revise for their a levels specifically psych and sociology. I have a hard time focusing and flashcards take too much time to write. I practice exam technique but is there ay other ways I can try?

Hi @x._.adeena._.x

One great way to revise content is to teach it to someone else! You have probably heard this tip before but it really is a good technique especially if you struggle focusing. If you ask someone to be your ‘student’ then you have to do the work, and they can help to motivate you.

If you don't feel comfortable teaching someone your subject then you could talk to your camera and record yourself instead. Pretend you have a YouTube channel; you can focus on a key person or topic per video. Another good way is to create PowerPoint presentations about your topics as if you were going to teach a class about them.

Also don't forget to take regular breaks and don't be too hard on yourself! All you can do is a little bit every day:smile:

Hope this helps and good luck!

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest