The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AbdulThePotato
Normally, I am a B to A student, but in this Bio test, I don't think I even scraped a C....

I am SO with you on this one!!
when you revise for months and nothing comes up://
Original post by IHawdon
Same I'm pretty sure that's right

Nope. 0.67
Reply 503
I was about to cry in the exam- until the lovely 6 marker came :-)

My teacher predicts these will be the grade boundaries:

Hopefully I got a B.

A* 47
A 38
B 29
C 22
D 13
Original post by InneRs
In the first category, more boys than girls, others, more girls than boys.
And which hypothesis?

The hypothesis of the newspaper..they said "all boys drink alcohol".

It's wrong because only 100 boys were surveyed..that isn't a large sample size and it doesn't represent anyone.

The boys only beat the girls in the first category of drinking more cider and larger but the girls beat the boys in the other 3.
I think I've just scraped a c in that and lots of people at my school were saying it was easy when I found it mega hard
Reply 506
Original post by hguin
Amazing, will compile into the main document.

Also, add in the percentage of people who died from malaria. 2x10[6] / 3x10[8] x 100 = 0.6%
Personally, I think due to the complications many students ran into this year the grade boundaries will be as follows;

A* - 38
A - 34
B - 30
C - 26

Not only in my opinion do these sound sensible for this year's paper but they also look pretty accurate compared to previous year's results. I'm not sure though.
You know the unofficial mark scheme doc is out of 62 when the paper is out of 60 right
I gave 2 reasons as to why the digital thermometer was better than a normal and it only asked for 1, will I drop all of the marks for that question or will they just mark 1 of the answers?
Original post by shohaib712
i think its going to be slightly hgiher

50-52 = A*

Mate, I think you are on more alcohol than the 15 year old's or rats
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Linrose
i doubt a 45 would be an A* i though it was something like 41 above an A and 51 above an A* not sure tho

Apparently from the mark scheme I got around 53
I believe that's right, but I put that the test was done on 100 boys and 100 girls which isn't representative of the entire population (of boys!)
Reply 513
Original post by BhaktiPate1
That was the most hardest Biology exam I'd ever doneeee!!!!

I found it pretty easy as I watched a video on what the 6 Mark questions might be, and out of luck I thought it was diet/balanced diet and it was. The first question got me thinking I was done for, but after that it was alright.
Original post by ammara-123
The percentage of people that died from malaria??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put 60%
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What did people get for the question about all boys drinking and why was the hypothesis not valid??

I thought it was because of a small sample size?
Reply 516
Original post by hguin
Amazing, will compile into the main document.

Also, add in the percentage of people who died from malaria. 2x10[6] / 3x10[8] x 100 = 0.6%
Gonna go with 48 A*
It's roughly 80% for A*
Original post by IHawdon
Same I'm pretty sure that's right

Pretty sure that's wrong as you had to work out a percentage and times it by 100 so it would be 60%
write 0.67

Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending