The Student Room Group

How do you think the AQA GCSE Biology 1 paper was?

Scroll to see replies

Let's not go here:frown:
Reply 101
Goodluck for c1 on thursday iwould recomend freesciencelessons.co.uk on youtube for last minute revision😬
Reply 102
What did you guys write for ' what is an independent company?'.
Original post by PWS123
Personally, I found it fairly easy, except for the 6-marker - I hadn't revised that.

What did people put for the animal indicators? I put Lichens detecting sulphur dioxide and an alternate way was with GC:MS.

I put lichens detect air pollution
I did the Edexcel biology paper B1, how did people find the exam, feel sorry for the people who did AQA, I've heard some of the questions and they are no related to BIOLOGY!!!!!
Original post by remie-elf
you had to analyse the graph and the graph was on the the % of 15year olds that drink different alcoholic beverages e.g beer and cider. It was totally uncalled for tbh

Oh haha AQA trying to get with the times? I don't think AQA should be putting that in their exams, not becuase I think its reallly going to encourage people to drink, but it's further normalising something which doesn't really need any more popularity.
The questions asked were so irrelevant. Revised so hard for that exam to then be asked questions not even to do with biology or ones not in the specification.
[QUOTE=nettogrof;64876803]So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?

I found the paper relatively easy, no question was truly that hard- in my opinion. But I was disappointed that so much of my revision was unnecessary, as so much of it didn't come up, like where was the menstrual cycle? Homeostasis? Evolution?
will the grade boundries go down and if so what to?
Apparently to the daily mail, over 80,000 twitter messages have been posted against AQA after this exam...
Original post by 22scott11
will the grade boundries go down and if so what to?

Probably gonna be 44-45/60 for an A*, 36 for an A and 28 for a B (use this as reference)
Reply 111
My little brother says absolute crap!:angry:
Yes but I rounded it up and said 1%.
Original post by nettogrof
I wrote all about chemicals then realized that was the next question argh!! And I have just remembered what I should have put in the last question as well so annoying, I think I found timing an issue for the first time :frown:

I did that I thought the chemical bit was the answer but nope...another 2 marks for that!!
Any ideas for the Higher paper grade boundaries?
I thought the paper was quite good. It was a shame that the menstrual cycle and homeostasis didn't come up though. The 6 mark question was a gift. I cannot understand why there would be data on fifteen year olds drinking and what are alcopops? Never mind, I hope I didn't do too badly but the grade boundaries are usually quite low so I'm hopeful that I'll get my A*
Reply 116
Original post by nettogrof
So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?

why did i find it so easy :frown:
It was absolutely terrible.

None of the questions were relevant to Biology in the slightest? Was AQA trying to make a statement with the drunk 15 year olds question or what?

Where were the questions everyone revised for like the menstrual cycle, carbon cycle and homeostasis?

What the hell even was that exam. I'm so angry about this?
Original post by ellenpeters
did anyone get 0.6 reccuring on the malaria question?

we had to work something out.. wtf where even was that
oh no I DO OCR BIO CHEM BUT AQA FOR PHYSICS, DO YOU LOT THINK THAT PHYSICS WILL BE AS HARD AS BIO!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending