The Student Room Group

Biology B1 2016 AQA

can anyone give me a rough estimate on what they think the grade boundries would be for the b1 paper higher AQA out of 60 i think i got 43 from looking at an unofficial mark scheme and i would love an A could someone please clarify for me pls :smile: much appriecated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
where is the mark scheme?
Reply 2
Original post by Joshedwards2000
can anyone give me a rough estimate on what they think the grade boundries would be for the b1 paper higher AQA out of 60 i think i got 43 from looking at an unofficial mark scheme and i would love an A could someone please clarify for me pls :smile: much appriecated!

Where is the unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by JRT123
Where is the unofficial mark scheme?

gimme a sec bro
50 minutes later...
I loved the questions on drunk 15 year olds and independent companies...and i would say i got about 30 looool
Reply 8
43 is definitely an A. I think A would start at 37 maximum
Reply 9
10/60 for an A* hopefully
Reply 10
don't you think this time they might be like "Oh some of the questions were difficult but we balanced it out by giving an easy six marker and adding basic stuff from the spec" and what if they don't lower the mark scheme below 45 for an A* because the artical posted by telepgraph a spokesman from AQA clearly shows that they don't think the paper was difficult :frown:

An AQA spokesman said: "Exams aren't meant to be easy and students are obviously going to tweet about that, but there was nothing wrong with this paper. We wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of their exams."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/05/17/students-left-fuming-over-gcse-biology-exam-that-contained-quest/
Reply 11
Original post by mxn
don't you think this time they might be like "Oh some of the questions were difficult but we balanced it out by giving an easy six marker and adding basic stuff from the spec" and what if they don't lower the mark scheme below 45 for an A* because the artical posted by telepgraph a spokesman from AQA clearly shows that they don't think the paper was difficult :frown:

An AQA spokesman said: "Exams aren't meant to be easy and students are obviously going to tweet about that, but there was nothing wrong with this paper. We wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of their exams."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/05/17/students-left-fuming-over-gcse-biology-exam-that-contained-quest/

Although they may think the marker was easy i doubt anybody revised it in huge detail, i think i got around 38 and am hoping for an A.
Whats the grade boundaries?
I'm sorry but it was an easy paper, possibly too many data questions but that's standard for aqa science. Sure the contexts were abit weird eg. Drunk rats n teens (don't know if they were trying to make a comparison there 😂) but they were definitely biology questions. Why is everyone expecting every topic to come up they always have roughly that number of topics?! Besides I don't get the fixation on "ooh I spent ages revising carbon cycle and menstrual cycle" when carbon obviously wasn't going to come up as it was the six mark last year and menstrual cycle isn't even that hard so it is unlikely it would ever be a six marker? Perhaps some questions were quite hard but this was balanced by probably the easiest six marker I've ever seen. What's the fuss?? Personally don't fancy having to do a retake which is likely to be far harder. Do u not have like 20 more exams to revise for?? Don't have the time to be **** posting on Twitter mate
(edited 7 years ago)
Also some of that mark scheme seems a bit sketchy just saying
They create the mark scheme based on how well everyone did on a whole, so if the everyone who did the paper did a bad job, then the grade boudaries will be lowered. The top 5% of the marks get an A*, unless this has changed.
Reply 18
I looked at the unofficial mark scheme, and I got 32marks(which is a B according to last years grade boundary), and I am predicted an A*, do you think I can still get an A* if I do well in my next 2 exams.
Original post by a.jacob
I looked at the unofficial mark scheme, and I got 32marks(which is a B according to last years grade boundary), and I am predicted an A*, do you think I can still get an A* if I do well in my next 2 exams.

if you get better grades in the upcoming exams along with your ISA, definitely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending