The Student Room Group

Car insurance for 17 year old

Hi, I passed my test today and I'm looking to get a car asap but insurance quotes are too expensive averaging £2000 even for 1 litre cars is there any way I can get this cheaper? Every bit of help appreciated
Original post by 02_jb
Hi, I passed my test today and I'm looking to get a car asap but insurance quotes are too expensive averaging £2000 even for 1 litre cars is there any way I can get this cheaper? Every bit of help appreciated

Black boxes are meant to be cheap, also the type of car you are buying can effect price too...

But insurance will always be high for 17 yr olds, they don't want us on the roads.
Reply 2
Original post by Zain-A
Black boxes are meant to be cheap, also the type of car you are buying can effect price too...

But insurance will always be high for 17 yr olds, they don't want us on the roads.

Ive been looking at 1 litre corsas etc but still high with a black box
Original post by 02_jb

I'm not an expert as I haven't passed yet but I think corsa's are bound to be quite high considering their populatiry with younger drivers.

But a 1 litre at 2 grand? That is shocking
Don't go for common cars. Shop around for cars with low insurance group. I have a Suzuki alto. It's a 1 litre and I'm 18 I pay 1300

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehmet_Sarica_
Don't go for common cars. Shop around for cars with low insurance group. I have a Suzuki alto. It's a 1 litre and I'm 18 I pay 1300

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 02_jb

I heard Ford Ka's are meant to be the cheapest ?
Reply 6
Original post by Mehmet_Sarica_

Posted from TSR Mobile

What insurance company is that with also miles on your policy etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending