The Student Room Group

Official AQA German AS

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone think they did? I thought it was much harder than past years
I agree. It was more difficult. Listening Q2?! It was like there wasn't an answer for one of them!
Well done to whoever did essay predictions though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exam went quite well for me. The urlaub essay question was a gift of heaven. The gap fill and the 2nd part of the listening was quite awful.
(edited 7 years ago)
I found question 9 much harder than usual and the Film question gap fill wasn't the best. But overall I thought the paper was ok (however I am resitting) :smile:
Omg the essay questions

**** me

****ing ****
Original post by greentron6
The exam went quite well for me. The urlaub essay question was a gift of heaven. The gap fill and the 2nd part of the reading was quite awful.

Yeah I loved the Urlaub essay, but wouldn't have been able to write about any of the others
Original post by trad1998
I agree. It was more difficult. Listening Q2?! It was like there wasn't an answer for one of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had no idea what the words meant in the smoking question either! Anyone brave enough to attempt question 11?
I was really hoping for a Komm Tech essay... but Urlaub was ok I guess. How much did people write? I managed 245 words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nox1
Same! I was so upset aftwr C1 that I did basically no German :frown:

Good luck everyone :smile:

Same I felt so down after C1! Feeling even worse now because of this exam :frown:
Original post by victoria_cw
How much did people write? I managed 245 words.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea, I wrote about 4 and a half pages but have quote big writing so I'd say around 350-400
Original post by snowwhite659
I had no idea what the words meant in the smoking question either! Anyone brave enough to attempt question 11?

I did question 11! I spent a lot of time on first impressions and stuff so I thought it would be the easier option. Not sure if 300 words is enough, I kept a note on the top of my draft sheet to remind me of everything I should try to include I.e. future perfect, pluperfect, conditional perfect, imperfect subjunctive, future, conditional etc. Only ended up using a few of them though :frown:
They gave me a Walkman for the listening and I had no idea how to use it haha, ended up wasting so much time trying to make the bloody thing work.
Original post by TianaEsther
They gave me a Walkman for the listening and I had no idea how to use it haha, ended up wasting so much time trying to make the bloody thing work.

Same, we practiced with different mp3 players so I was a bit confused.
Does anyone know what was 'special' about that Hausmann? I couldn't answer that one
Original post by victoria_cw
Same, we practiced with different mp3 players so I was a bit confused.

Ah that's good you had more than one lol, we only had 3 (there's only two of us doing German) and one wasn't working whilst the other had a dead battery :frown:
Original post by maestrocam
Does anyone know what was 'special' about that Hausmann? I couldn't answer that one

What was the question in German? I think that might help me remember (really bad memory haha)
What was the question in German? I think that might help me remember (really bad memory haha)

It was something like "Was macht Martin etwas Besonderes" or something like that. I don't even know if that's his name haha. It was the second question I think. I may have misunderstood the question.
It was something like "Was macht Martin etwas Besonderes" or something like that. I don't even know if that's his name haha. It was the second question I think. I may have misunderstood the question.

Was that the bit with something about 'geliestet?' if so it was that he won Hausmann of the year, whatever the hell that is :wink:

For that one I think it was a two marker and I wrote:
-he would keep the house in order
-he would provide food for his family on the table
I'm not sure if that was the second question though I think it was a bit further down :tongue:
For that one I think it was a two marker and I wrote:
-he would keep the house in order
-he would provide food for his family on the table
I'm not sure if that was the second question though I think it was a bit further down :tongue:

No. That was the following question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending