The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louisb19
Doesn't IAL have a different spec?

Go for IAL 2014 FP1 which is same spec - tell me how you do.
Original post by Zacken
Those roots of polynomials and alpha, beta stuff you see in IAL F1 papers aren't on the normal FP1 edexcel papers, that's about it.

Ah, should i just skip those questions then?
Original post by Marxist
Go for IAL 2014 FP1 which is same spec - tell me how you do.

This?

Soz meant IAL Jan 2014
Original post by JustDynamite
Ah, should i just skip those questions then?

If you want, yeah.
Original post by Marxist
Soz meant IAL Jan 2014

F1 or FP1?

What even is F1?
What are the hardest papers?
hey guys, the 2016 jan IAL paper, is that the same spec etc as the paper tomorrow? because ive done about 20 papers and none have been that difficult..help
Original post by Chemchem70
hey guys, the 2016 jan IAL paper, is that the same spec etc as the paper tomorrow? because ive done about 20 papers and none have been that difficult..help

I just did that paper it was difficult I have to say, everything except the alpha and beta bits are part of the same spec.
yeah thats where i got stuck on the most.. thankyou!
How you state it using set theory is n,nZ+ \forall n, n \in \mathbb{Z}^+ .

This reads as "for all n where n is an element of Z+ \mathbb{Z}^+ ".

Thanks - so I should say 'all n and nEZ+' ?
How do you factorise three term quadratics with three variables. I had to find the intercept of a normal at a point with a hyperbola, I got the 3TQ right, but I couldn't factorise it by sight, it was:

P3x2+c(1p4)xc2p=0 P^3x^2 + c(1-p^4)x -c^2p =0

(from Jan 2016)
Original post by Chemchem70

Original post by NotNotBatman
I just did that paper it was difficult I have to say, everything except the alpha and beta bits are part of the same spec.

Where can i find the 2016 jan IAL ?
Parabola.png

For part (b) C(2a,2arqa) C(-2a,\frac{-2ar}{q-a}), so why do you have to use 2arqa\frac{2ar}{q-a} as the vertical distance of OCS? How would you know if 2arqa\frac{-2ar}{q-a} is positive or negative?
Parabola.png

For part (b) C(2a,2arqa) C(-2a,\frac{-2ar}{q-a}), so why do you have to use 2arqa\frac{2ar}{q-a} as the vertical distance of OCS? How would you know if 2arqa\frac{-2ar}{q-a} is positive or negative?

Hey do you mind sending a link for Jan 16 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you factorise three term quadratics with three variables. I had to find the intercept of a normal at a point with a hyperbola, I got the 3TQ right, but I couldn't factorise it by sight, it was:

P3x2+c(1p4)xc2p=0 P^3x^2 + c(1-p^4)x -c^2p =0

(from Jan 2016)

I assume you treat it like a quadractic in the form: ax^(2) + bx + C, then either factorise as a quadractic or use the formul
Parabola.png

Yeah I did that paper as well- you can work it out with the info given in the question i.e. a is a positive constant etc... can't be rmb the exact wording
Hi, can someone link the January 2016 IAL paper please?
Hey Can Someone Help Me With Matrix Transformations Please? :please:
Original post by I-Hate-Edexcel
Hey Can Someone Help Me With Matrix Transformations Please? :please:

What about them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending