The Student Room Group

Official AQA German AS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liasoe
god that was awful !
My marks are usually 30 / 35
33 / 40 and 31 / 35 but I don't think that I will get that now ....
I've messed up 2 of the simple gap fills by rushing but I think I've got the rest correct in compensation. The other bit that was especially hard was the stuff about the computer doctor and the stay at home dad but I hate those long questions where you have to decipher information to be honest.

I don't think I'll get my normal grade either, for me it was a mix of a tricky paper and me being useless :tongue: Looks like people here have done well though, but I wish that the grade boundaries will go down...
Original post by aschum11
Yeah same here, aced it

Which essay did you pick?
Reply 182
Original post by Naranja
I don't think I'll get my normal grade either, for me it was a mix of a tricky paper and me being useless :tongue: Looks like people here have done well though, but I wish that the grade boundaries will go down...

You're probably over thinking things to be honest! I know I've lost marks from what i'm reading here but you always find that the people on here are speaking about the most difficult questions and are most likely not going to mention the easy questions so presume you've smashed some parts of it! :smile:

*Also what was the exact essay question in English my friends and I have all answered different things.... (Holidays)*
Original post by Naranja

Hopefully, the boundaries will be lower than last year's. You might have done better than expected!
Original post by liasoe
You're probably over thinking things to be honest! I know I've lost marks from what i'm reading here but you always find that the people on here are speaking about the most difficult questions and are most likely not going to mention the easy questions so presume you've smashed some parts of it! :smile:

*Also what was the exact essay question in English my friends and I have all answered different things.... (Holidays)*

This is a rough idea...

What is better. A holiday at home or in a exotic country?
Why do more people have tattoos and piercings?
Does TV have a bad influence on family life?
Reply 185
Original post by greentron6
This is a rough idea...

What is better. A holiday at home or in a exotic country?
Why do more people have tattoos and piercings?
Does TV have a bad influence on family life?

Ok well that's essentially what I answered but I have a couple of friends that interpreted the "zu Hause" as literally a holiday in your own home and have had me panicking all day!..
Which essay did you pick?

Urlaub mate no brainer- it was a gift of a question! wbu?
Original post by liasoe

Hopefully, the boundaries will be lower than last year's. You might have done better than expected!

I hope it isn't as bad as it seems, I imagine I'll still want to retake to get an A though. Guess we'll all torture ourselves by looking at an unofficial paper soon haha! I'm not sure about the holidays question, I did the TV one. Does anyone know whether the AS paper is 'easy' after you've done the A2 course? I've heard some people say that you improve so much that it's significantly easier.
Urlaub mate no brainer- it was a gift of a question! wbu?

Urlaub. Duh!:biggrin:
Original post by liasoe
Ok well that's essentially what I answered but I have a couple of friends that interpreted the "zu Hause" as literally a holiday in your own home and have had me panicking all day!..

No, in this context it referred to having a 'holiday' at home.
It was essentially a synonym of "heimaturlaub"
Reply 190
Original post by Naranja
I hope it isn't as bad as it seems, I imagine I'll still want to retake to get an A though. Guess we'll all torture ourselves by looking at an unofficial paper soon haha! I'm not sure about the holidays question, I did the TV one. Does anyone know whether the AS paper is 'easy' after you've done the A2 course? I've heard some people say that you improve so much that it's significantly easier.

I've got two friends that are resitting whilst also doing their A2 but they both found it hard - I would imagine that the paper will seem easier but at the same time when you've been concentrating on other things like cultural differences between the countries or whatever I imagine that it would be difficult because you're likely to forget a lot of the vocab.
Original post by Naranja

Yeah. One of the students in my school that was resitting the exam was an A2 student. He got a B at AS, but he wants to get an A and so is resitting the paper.
Apparently, your structures and vocab are more advanced at A2.
Reply 192
No, in this context it referred to having a 'holiday' at home.
It was essentially a synonym of "heimaturlaub"

Ok well that's good at least I've done a great essay to compensate for a shiteee set of paper answers ahha
Original post by liasoe

Yikes!
I'm doing A2 German atm and found the paper quite easy today. The grammar becomes so much easier to understand and construct, and I did so much memrise on AS vocab and so much of it came up so I understood that too. I got a D in the AS paper last year and within 3 months of starting A2 I was getting As in them :smile:
Original post by liasoe
Ok well that's good at least I've done a great essay to compensate for a shiteee set of paper answers ahha

I am sure you did better than you thought you did- how did you find the grammar?
What did you guys get for the grammar?
/A
Reply 197
I am sure you did better than you thought you did- how did you find the grammar?

I found some of it easy , I think I got most of it but I rushed the very first verb which was like lessen and just put "la(umlaut)sst" because I always see the verb in that form and I was running out of time .. I got the wa(umlaut)re etc and I feel pretty decent with the adjective endings! How about you?
Original post by liasoe
I found some of it easy , I think I got most of it but I rushed the very first verb which was like lessen and just put "la(umlaut)sst" because I always see the verb in that form and I was running out of time .. I got the wa(umlaut)re etc and I feel pretty decent with the adjective endings! How about you?

Oh, for lesen? I think it was liest, at least that is what i got :3
I thought it was good as I am better with verb endings than adjectives, and the 'bequemes' hotel is always a gift!
Heya, for the computer guy question, it was answer in German right?? Omg I'm so worried now :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending