The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

dont discuss specific questions yet as some people have not taken the exam and we don't want to raise gb!
Can we start discussing now? Everyone should be done by now right?
Summation proof was a bitch.

Some weird 1-2 markers in there.
Screwed up the finding A question equated it to the real part instead of the imaginary part (which was a quadratic) :/
That was not great

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was bloody terrible
disappointed.
I didnt realise that u had to apply completing the square to the matrix question.....lost 2 marks
I couldnt prove that alpha was the root, i equated the equation to 0 and got the same but positive value (im not sure whether it is correct)??
i couldnt find a and b nonetheless i managed to create an equation using the imaginary roots and did a bit of working that led nowhere. As a result i only showed the imaginary roots on the argand diagram....lost 4 marks
For the last part in the matrix question i got k as x/5y, correct?
last part i didnt manage to get it to k+1....lost 3 marks

End result=resit
(edited 7 years ago)
anybody know if and when there will be an unofficial markscheme?

.. lets hope the grade broundaries are quite low
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LukeB98
Summation proof was a bitch.

Some weird 1-2 markers in there.

Summation proof was alright imo. I think i got that correctly.
What i couldn't find was (b) in raphson process and 7(d) about T which maps points onto itself for a value of k or something.
There was a question that destroyed me, i think it was the one before the proof cas i felt like i forgot everything when i skipped two parts of it. Does anyone remember the question
Reply 1111
**** me that was unexpected. so many questions i got stuck on, p and q for complex roots, descriptions of geometric transformations, proof of summation, coordinates of parabola

i've been getting like 98% on past papers and on this **** i must have gotten something like 70%
😭😭😭😭😭
Gutted. I'm such a ****ing idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1114
Right we need an unofficial mark scheme asap, just so I know what badly I did, I mean **** that was hard
Reply 1115
That was a very difficult paper compared to previous years. I completed both gold level papers yesterday with 1 or 2 small silly errors however today I think I got roughly 60/75. I am quite upset as I need to get 3 A's for UCL and I needed to do better on this paper.
Posted from TSR Mobile

That was awful, on past papers I finished in plenty of time and always got full marks or only dropped a few. I barely finished and when I started checking I noticed a mistake that I didn't have time to correct :frown:
OMG
The last question 9b I cannot prove!! I equate them together but there was 5p cube sth...
Probably gain one mark for the method.
Also, for 9c, I forgot to equate the y coordinate to zero!! My mind was all about the x coordinate greater than zero lol.
Waiting for Arsey's answer...
Let's hope the grade boundary of this will be around 66/67 for 90...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anon-
**** me that was unexpected. so many questions i got stuck on, p and q for complex roots, descriptions of geometric transformations, proof of summation, coordinates of parabola

i've been getting like 98% on past papers and on this **** i must have gotten something like 70%

Ive been getting 100% there was one question that basically made me forget everything ive ever learnt in FP1. I normally complete proof in 5 min but my brain was so damaged by the previous question that it took my 15 minutes
Without a doubt resitting it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending