The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LewisClothier
Got the inductions with a bit of disgusting work, wasn't nice though, and I realised that the imaginary part=0 in the last 5 minutes so had Five minutes to finish off the question, just about got it all apart from the one marker in part e). I was so annoyed about not knowing how to do that question until I realised though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you realised it!! Wish it came to me IN the exam not out aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TLDM
Oh, did you have to say the line segment was translated? I only said it was parallel and twice the size. I guess those are close enough to get the marks?

I said the same; should get both marks.
Original post by Alex6665
The easiest paper I have ever done , 75/75 guaranteed

Naa why you lying you wasteman
Original post by mathew daniels
Guyys,
Did anyone get 2.03 for the modulus and -8i for z squared?

I got √5 for the modulus, which is like 2.23, oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TLDM
Oh, did you have to say the line segment was translated? I only said it was parallel and twice the size. I guess those are close enough to get the marks?

Was it parallel? I got the gradients to be 1/2 and 1/3 (not sure if negative or positive) but yeah. Twice the size I got.
Did anyone have problem proving the coordinates for A on question 9?
Was the x coordinate of the last question somethinf like 15 (root2)/4?
Original post by thelegend99
I meant for the "work out value of a" question. Someone got 3.something.

What did you get for the modulus on that? I got modulus to be 5 and Argument to be Pi.

oh right, a was -1, modulus was root5 and argument was something like 2.03
That was ridiculous! I've been getting full marks with about 20 minutes to go on the majority of past papers I've done, but i didn't even have time to finish this one! :angry:
Original post by imnoteinstein
Was the x coordinate of the last question somethinf like 15 (root2)/4?

yes it was that
exactly the same
Original post by anndz3007
N/6(38n^2 +15n +1)
X^2 -4x +8
P=-3 q=-9
M = (15root2/4,0)
Reply 1231
Original post by mathew daniels
Guyys,
Did anyone get 2.03 for the modulus and -8i for z squared?

Yes
yeh that was tricky, took me about 10mins and 9 lines of working
Original post by Ohsammmie
Did anyone have problem proving the coordinates for A on question 9?

Yeah couldnt do it, so i pretended my working was equal to the answer given :/
Original post by LewisClothier
I got √5 for the modulus, which is like 2.23, oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't the Modulus 5? Cause the imaginary part was 0, and the real part was (-5). :/ not sure now.
Was the argument of z 2.03?
Original post by jonahz123
That was ridiculous! I've been getting full marks with about 20 minutes to go on the majority of past papers I've done, but i didn't even have time to finish this one! :angry:

I thought I had 5 minutes to spare, so I rushed a number of answers, then about 10 minutes later, I sat there wondering why we hadn't been told to stop, only to realise that we still had time...
Reply 1237
Original post by thelegend99
Was it parallel? I got the gradients to be 1/2 and 1/3 (not sure if negative or positive) but yeah. Twice the size I got.

They were parallel. One line represented adding z (0 to z), the other represented adding 2z (z^2 to z^2 +2z).
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
I thought I had 5 minutes to spare, so I rushed a number of answers, then about 10 minutes later, I sat there wondering why we hadn't been told to stop, only to realise that we still had time...

Wow! I ran out of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1239
Original post by Sallekmo
Lol i couldnt prove x so i equated whatever i had to their x and used their x and subbed it in the y=-x to prove the y coordinate. The last part to find the midpoint i was getting there doing 1/2* x coordinate of p + x coordinate
Same with y but i couldnt finish it as time finished. I really wish arsey releases the papers quick. I saw the paper on the table i was so tempted to tak a few pictures. Lol

You needed to get a rearrangement with something like (1-p^4) and dif of 2 squares gives (1+p^2)(1-p^2). This then cancels with the denominator and you get the answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending