The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amellia123
Hey Frenchie!! :hugs: ikr! Thats no problem at all, dont worry, i hope everything is going well! We miss you quite a bit and cant wait to have you back :lovehug:

Your welcome Frenchie! :jumphug: :ahee::jive:

Aw so sweet :3 I look forward to come back very soon :lovehug:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
impressive you are the best

Thanks unicorn, great post btw!

Original post by thefatone
o.o haven't seen this thread come up in quite a while ^-^

Neither do I.

My impression

1463940051180.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive

Neither do I.

My impression

1463940051180.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always on your phone?
Original post by thefatone
Always on your phone?

Always

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
Thanks unicorn, great post btw!

Neither do I.

My impression

1463940051180.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you :h:
Amelliaaaa :woo: it's ben a while :hugs: btw I'm sorry for being away of everything girls , I really like you two Amellia and @CleverSquirrel but ypu know exams and stuff :cry2:
But I still like you :lovehug:

And thanks Amellia :h:

same here girlies (inc you too @Amellia123 )!!! been soo busy with exams i haven't been on here much :cry2:

Good luck my lovelies!! :lovehug:
Original post by CleverSquirrel
same here girlies (inc you too @Amellia123 )!!! been soo busy with exams i haven't been on here much :cry2:

Good luck to you too littte squirrel :heart: love you :lovehug:
Good luck to you too littte squirrel :heart: love you :lovehug:

love you too!! :jumphug: :lovehug:
Aw so sweet :3 I look forward to come back very soon :lovehug:

Yay!!! :woo: we cant wait!!!!!!! :jive::ahee:

Original post by CleverSquirrel

Awww thanks Squirrel! Cant wait to have you back for good! :lovehug:

Good luck!!!!! :five::grouphugs:
Reply 689
I think im a type 3 :smile:

I applied abroad too (well, Wales and Scotland :0)
Original post by Kyx

:colonhash:
Original post by Kyx
I think im a type 3 :smile:

Good :h:

Thought you wanted to study at Birmingham tho ?

Original post by Hydeman
:colonhash:

:lol:
Reply 692
nah
Birmingham is too close to where I live
@FrenchUnicorn
Apologies for the late response!
This is very good! I enjoyed reading this (as I did with all of your updates!).
I'm very happy to hear that you didn't give up! That's very brave of you to go abroad and study there! I wish you bbest of luck for your exams and hope to hear good news once they're done!
But the Fremch educational system doesn't sound particularly great (as you said). They don't seem to care whether or not you actually pass or fail, just as long as you are in education, that's all that matter!
But very well written and I look forward to your next post!
Good Luck with the the rest of your exams!!!
Original post by FireFreezer77
@FrenchUnicorn
Apologies for the late response!
This is very good! I enjoyed reading this (as I did with all of your updates!).
I'm very happy to hear that you didn't give up! That's very brave of you to go abroad and study there! I wish you bbest of luck for your exams and hope to hear good news once they're done!
But the Fremch educational system doesn't sound particularly great (as you said). They don't seem to care whether or not you actually pass or fail, just as long as you are in education, that's all that matter!
But very well written and I look forward to your next post!
Good Luck with the the rest of your exams!!!

No worries, and thanks for the kind words :h:
Indeed the system is crappy. To give you more "numbers" 90% of the ex-med students who go to a bio course fail as well. Why ? Because they were used to work so hard that they just stop working. Because of the trauma, and yeah the trauma is real.
Also , I don't have the statistic for that but loads of ex-med students follows a therapy with a psychologist - is that the right word ? - and I find disgusting how much of us had to go through depression and stuff, and how much government still does not care. I truly hope that In the future people will change that.
I don't want anyone else to feel how I felt, even my worst enemy.
No worries, and thanks for the kind words :h:
Indeed the system is crappy. To give you more "numbers" 90% of the ex-med students who go to a bio course fail as well. Why ? Because they were used to work so hard that they just stop working. Because of the trauma, and yeah the trauma is real.
Also , I don't have the statistic for that but loads of ex-med students follows a therapy with a psychologist - is that the right word ? - and I find disgusting how much of us had to go through depression and stuff, and how much government still does not care. I truly hope that In the future people will change that.
I don't want anyone else to feel how I felt, even my worst enemy.

Its ok! :h:
Wow thats way too high!! Only 10% pass! Surely something needs to be done to sort that out!?
I can understand the trauma. You work extraordinarily hard to try and get a good rating but it doesnt pay off. You would feel gutted (like you did). But its people like you who make the worls a great place! You didnt give up, you went abroad to do your exams and your still determined to follow your dreams! You never gave up and so many people can learn from reading your blog!! Its genuinely one of the most incredible peices of writing i have ever read!!
Wow that sounds awful. If most of them need therapy, then something needs to be done!! (psychologist is correct btw).
I also hope that the system is changed! Its awful!!!
I really do wish you the very best of luck for these current exams!!
Its ok! :h:
Wow thats way too high!! Only 10% pass! Surely something needs to be done to sort that out!?
I can understand the trauma. You work extraordinarily hard to try and get a good rating but it doesnt pay off. You would feel gutted (like you did). But its people like you who make the worls a great place! You didnt give up, you went abroad to do your exams and your still determined to follow your dreams! You never gave up and so many people can learn from reading your blog!! Its genuinely one of the most incredible peices of writing i have ever read!!
Wow that sounds awful. If most of them need therapy, then something needs to be done!! (psychologist is correct btw).
I also hope that the system is changed! Its awful!!!
I really do wish you the very best of luck for these current exams!!

Bold part : indeed I am, and thank you very much for these words who cheers me up a lot :h:

I hope as well, I genuinely hope, something has to be done.. -.-
Bold part : indeed I am, and thank you very much for these words who cheers me up a lot :h:

I hope as well, I genuinely hope, something has to be done.. -.-

You sure are!!!
Its ok! I mean all of it!!! :h:

Something does have to be done, as soon as possible too!!
You sure are!!!
Its ok! I mean all of it!!! :h:

Something does have to be done, as soon as possible too!!

Thanks again :hugs:
I was going to go to France if I did a year abroad at university... do you think I should go somewhere else or will it be okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending