The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatMadClown
it would be great if nadal could win no. 10

He's definitely looking good so far and with no pressure it wouldn't be shocking if he puts a run together and gets no. 10 this year
Original post by lizzy95
He's definitely looking good so far and with no pressure it wouldn't be shocking if he puts a run together and gets no. 10 this year

Yeah, he's steamrolled through his first two rounds so its already better than last year, I think he can pull it off
Original post by hskjlclcn
Wow in years gone by when there was a slam going on this thread would be going ten to the dozen. Now, nothing.

It's understandable i think.

Djokovic is being fairly dominant but he's not playing as well as recent years, Murray does not have the most attractive playing style (and only the Murray fanboys believe he'll win the French albeit i was wrong about Wimbledon), Federer has withdrawn (still a massive draw for fans even as he ages), Nadal is not what he once was (mentally especially) and last year the young guns basically all went backward showing themselves to be pretenders. There's simply not the glitz of past years at the moment, we're kind of in limbo as we await the rise of a new set of players or a late rivalry.

I was pinning my hopes on Del Potro shaking things up but he's still in the progress stage (in fairness it took until early 2012 to reach his former peak last time, so a little over a year before he was really on it).
Really wish Djokovic would stop making so many unforced errors and work on his drop shots and volleys. He can't afford to fail at those 80% of the time.
Rafa pulls out with a wrist injury, didn't see this coming as he looked good in the opening 2 rounds...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/36401280
Will be interesting to see the impact Nadal's withdrawal has on the rest of the tournament now. Probably even more pressure on Djokovic now so it'll be interesting to see how he deals with that. Also with Nadal gone there's a huge chance for either Thiem, Zverev or Granollers to reach their first slam QF which might be the spark the new generation needs to kick on
Surely Djokovic won't mess up this opportunity now. Sad times for Nadal and Federer, the old guard is starting to fall away.
But the breakthrough from the younger generation has been a long time coming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the current probable semi's (by seeding i suppose).
Original post by Rakas21
What are the current probable semi's (by seeding i suppose).

Djokovic vs Tsonga
Murray vs Wawrinka
I'm going to predict a Djokovic-Thiem semi final and a Murray-Wawrinka semi final. Let's see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was really hoping for a tense classic Nadal Djokovic semi final 5 setter,,. gonna be really disappointed if Djokovic doesn't win now.
So if I just drop a hint that I need a hitting partner in london during the summer, would that be slright?
I have a feeling that this tournament is going to be blown wide open and one of the young guns will clinch the title. Dominic Thiem might just be the guy.
This tournament has the same feel as Wimbledon 2013 with Nadal and Federer out early and tons of big names getting injured and having to withdraw from the tournament. The women's final that year was unpredictable but we still had a pretty typical Djokovic- Murray final so I still expect players who've been in a slam final before to pull through
Easily the most unentertaining French Open of all time. Tennis is not tennis without Federer and Nadal.
The rain is also soooo annoying, for the past 2 days there's hardly been any tennis );
Federer for Wimbledon 2016????

(hope so anyway)
Original post by ovo_zverit
Easily the most unentertaining French Open of all time. Tennis is not tennis without Federer and Nadal.
The rain is also soooo annoying, for the past 2 days there's hardly been any tennis );

I know! And no Tsonga/Monfils either! They need to get some roofs built!
Original post by RDB1826
I know! And no Tsonga/Monfils either! They need to get some roofs built!

Yeah, I don't understand why they wouldn't consider getting a roof installed when all the other grand slams started too, bit late now.
Original post by Krish4791
I'm going to predict a Djokovic-Thiem semi final and a Murray-Wawrinka semi final. Let's see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well at least that was correct.
Any one of them could win from here really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krish4791
Well at least that was correct.
Any one of them could win from here really

Posted from TSR Mobile

Murray and Theim won't, let's not kid ourselves.

Quick Reply

Latest