The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RevisionGuide
What did everyone write for the unseen poetry question?? I wrote about the significant of the title and how the 'arms' and 'boy' juxtaposed. Also wrote about alliteration and the uniform rhyme scheme!!

I did that as well. I mentioned loss of sanity and innocence. for devices i mentioned caesura, semantic field, metaphors and similies.
Original post by studentgcse2016
what did you say for the unseen?

Title- Arms links to military and weapons eg. Arms race
Summary: war is depicted in negative light when he joins war he is changed and exhilarated/ pacifism
Opening stanza
"How cold steel" physical temp but the weapons are a extended metaphor for soldiers in war the word old links to the apathy of their vicious actions war
"Keen with hunger of blood" weapons are personified the word hunger portrays soldiers as animalistic and There is a sinister tone the boy once in war changes and could be exhilarated by Murder ( demonic imagery at end), the word blood links to danger
"Like a madmans flash" is a simile and links to the crazy action of killing
"Blue" links to cold could refer to death
"Stroke" is soft he is getting used to war being brainwashed
Alliteration to present weapons "blind blunt bullet heads"
I accidentally read it as nuzzle so said links to innocence of young boy and juxtaposes violence the bullets will be in their early cause dead "Muzzle"

some of my answer not whole thing soz
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone do the character and voice section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone do Poppies and Belfast Confetti for the conflict cluster??
Reply 1385
Original post by MeganMcAlister

Me! I compared lists for language, the unstructured nature of the two and how they're 1st person so personal effects blah blah

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pheebsdancer
Do you think it would be okay to compare nettles to brothers as they are both on family relationships and reflecting on a past event?

Omg this came up and I did this!!!
Original post by gordon123
Did anyone do the character and voice section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but I done foundation character and voice, The River God/The Clown Punk came up with me picking The River God and the question asking about feelings for sorriness so I compared it "The Hunchback in the park"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I done the relationships section, compared to his coy mistress to in paris with you
The seen section was okay, but to develop my answer and totally secure an A, id need more time tbh x.x
The unseen was a bit harder, as expected, but i doubt i got really high in that
The timings stress me out so much, 15 minutes more would make me feel more at ease tbh
Anyone do foundation relationships? And did question 7 and the Harris unseen poetry? I loved that paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
So on the summary page, the unseen poetry was that the boy grew talons because he was not evil but I wrote that because it unassailable because God "did not" grow him talons, the negative diction conveyed that the boy thinks his powerful and God can't stop him. Will I lose marks if the actual answer was that God didnt not let him grow talons because he isn't fundamentally evil?
Original post by JoshuaE
Me! I compared lists for language, the unstructured nature of the two and how they're 1st person so personal effects blah blah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Do you know anyone who did The Right Word and Charge of the Light Brigade? Asking for a friend
Original post by MeganMcAlister

I also did this, i wrote about how i thought the mother may feel like her son could end up in a similar situation to that of the character in belfast confetti
Original post by Adzkii786
So on the summary page, the unseen poetry was that the boy grew talons because he was not evil but I wrote that because it unassailable because God "did not" grow him talons, the negative diction conveyed that the boy thinks his powerful and God can't stop him. Will I lose marks if the actual answer was that God didnt not let him grow talons because he isn't fundamentally evil?

No using lose marks its all about interpretation and developing ur point and guving supporting evidence. As long as u acknowledged the whole effector war being wrong and evil etc
Original post by ellamoon_22
No using lose marks its all about interpretation and developing ur point and guving supporting evidence. As long as u acknowledged the whole effector war being wrong and evil etc

I wrote that young people are easily influenced, I wrote that his innocent called a "boy" and that he was commanded "let" by an unknown figure so he was sort of made to do it, i didnt write anything about wrong/evil , how many marks will i use as im aiming for a* :frown:
I wrote that young people are easily influenced, I wrote that his innocent called a "boy" and that he was commanded "let" by an unknown figure so he was sort of made to do it, i didnt write anything about wrong/evil , how many marks will i use as im aiming for a* :frown:

What ur saying is great analysis tho?:s-smilie: War forces us to take part in violence actions
Original post by ellamoon_22
What ur saying is great analysis tho?:s-smilie: War forces us to take part in violence actions

Okay thanks, how did you find it :smile: I found the conflict question alright, nearly mis-red the q
I do relationship poetry it as brilliant
Okay thanks, how did you find it :smile: I found the conflict question alright, nearly mis-red the q
Did anyone do Poppies and Yellow Palm?! Freaking out..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending