The Student Room Group

How to revise edexcel medicine-history?

I struggle a lot with history and its probably because I really don't like it but since I have my exams soon I know I need to revise it. For medicine I've been making mindmaps but I don't really know what else to do, any advice?
Original post by Wordnerd2
I struggle a lot with history and its probably because I really don't like it but since I have my exams soon I know I need to revise it. For medicine I've been making mindmaps but I don't really know what else to do, any advice?

I'm doing the same exam as you, are what is really working of me is mandamus and past papers. Past papers are good because you can refine your exam technique and improve it, and they also help with timing practice. I also sometimes use flashcards to remember key dates. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by katodizzle
I'm doing the same exam as you, are what is really working of me is mandamus and past papers. Past papers are good because you can refine your exam technique and improve it, and they also help with timing practice. I also sometimes use flashcards to remember key dates. Good luck :smile:

What is mandamus? I've done one or two past papers but I'll do some more, thanks and good luck too
What is mandamus? I've done one or two past papers but I'll do some more, thanks and good luck too

Oh sorry, auto correct haha it was mindmaps :smile:
Reply 4
Oh sorry, auto correct haha it was mindmaps :smile:

aha its okay, stupid auto correct, eh?

Stupid auto correct indeed :biggrin:

With my mindmaps I like to make key points stand out in colour but write everything in normal pen and highlight things. It just makes it easier to navigate and read.
Reply 7
With my mindmaps I like to make key points stand out in colour but write everything in normal pen and highlight things. It just makes it easier to navigate and read.

I've been doing that too. For medicine I have done mindmaps on the key people and time periods as well as important discoveries such as the printing press and I have done the role of the government in different time periods, what else should I do?
I've been doing that too. For medicine I have done mindmaps on the key people and time periods as well as important discoveries such as the printing press and I have done the role of the government in different time periods, what else should I do?

That sounds fine tbh, try linking things together, and maybe find out extra stuff to add to the 'own knowledge' part of the question.
Reply 9
That sounds fine tbh, try linking things together, and maybe find out extra stuff to add to the 'own knowledge' part of the question.

Thanks for your help, I think I'm dragging myself to school on Friday to do medicine revision so I should be okay
Thanks for your help, I think I'm dragging myself to school on Friday to do medicine revision so I should be okay

Yeah it'll be fine, good luck :smile:
Reply 11
Yeah it'll be fine, good luck :smile:

You too
I'm doing the same exam too... I find it so hard to revise, can't wait to get it out the way and done! my main thing is to try and make it interesting for myself by looking up stuff I don't necessarily need to know but might help bump me to an A/ A* for own knowledge... for example I now know that the University of Oxford was set up in early 1100 (might help with a question about training of doctors?) and that there was an old lazar house at the end of my road many many years ago!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending