The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by db00117
£12k award plus earnings in second 6 - i.e. around the £14k-£15k region in total, as they keep you very busy.

£2K - £3K for six months [very busy] work doesn't sound particularly attractive.
[QUOTE=Not Not Amused;65331723]£2K - £3K for six months [very busy] work doesn't sound particularly attractive.

Oh I assumed that meant 12k + 15-16k?
Cloisters interviews out!
St Mary's interviews out!
5 Paper Buildings Gateway status changed to first interview. No further info yet...
Original post by cesz123
5 Paper Buildings Gateway status changed to first interview. No further info yet...

Same here, gateway change but no email from gateway or chambers.
Anyone had anything from

3PB
Guildhall
Old Square
Original post by pups1
Any tips for cover letters?

I only only did a few but the advice I was always given was to make sure that they don't read formulaically. There's always some similar structure, but you don't want it to come across as if you've got the same letter being sent to a dozen chambers.

Remember to always evidence what you're claiming. If you say that you're a hard worker and a strong advocate make sure to give examples but don't just say that you mooted and got a 2:1. Show why you, compared to others, have experiences which show your skills more effectively.

Also make sure to get a few different people to read over your letter (not just one).

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1368
Original post by Boomerang-Pup
Anyone had anything from

3PB
Guildhall
Old Square

Nothing yet from Old Square for me
Anyone heard anything from St Philips Birmingham?
Original post by pgpupilchaser
Anyone heard anything from St Philips Birmingham?

I suspect we'll find out the week before the open evening. Most likely to be w/c 13 June.
Original post by Boomerang-Pup
Anyone had anything from

3PB
Guildhall
Old Square

Nothing from 3PB (Bristol)
Anything from Citadel?
Original post by LegalPoodle
Thank you! I've seen you on TSR a fair bit and I always wondered in interview waiting rooms whether I was talking to various people I knew on TSR...

I'll post here as a couple of people have asked so it's probably easier than sending out a bunch of individual messages :smile:

I interviewed at:
1COR Brighton (2nd rounds)
25 Bedford Row (up to 3rd rounds)
2 Bedford Row (1st rounds)
Atkinson Bevan (1st rounds)
Goldsmith (1st rounds)
John Coffey (single round)
Red Lion (1st rounds and single round - 2014 was a two round process, 2015 was single)
187 Fleet St (2nd rounds)
Carmelite (2nd rounds)
15 Winckley Square (Preston) (single round)
St Johns Buildings (Mancs) (1st rounds)
Lincoln House (Mancs) (2nd rounds)
KBW Leeds (2nd rounds)
New Park Court (Leeds) (1st rounds)
Dere St (Newcastle) (1st rounds)
Trinity (Newcastle) (2nd rounds)

Edit: This sent accidentally before I could say good luck this year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please give me an idea of what to expect at 1COR brighton? Much appreciated.
Has anyone had 'unsuccessful' appear for Pump Court on gateway?
Original post by Barelylegalz
Has anyone had 'unsuccessful' appear for Pump Court on gateway?

Mine Still rests on 'Applied' meaning that I am, albeit it naïvely, holding out hope.
Did anyone receive confirmation of an interview at 2 Hare Court? Mine is still at "applied" but I know some people had a change to "shortlisted"?
[QUOTE=pupilpleaser;65340569]Did anyone receive confirmation of an interview at 2 Hare Court? Mine is still at "applied" but I know some people had a change to "shortlisted"?

Pretty sure they're doing it in batches. I know of some people who have been rejected already, some shortlisted and some still say applied. I assume the applied ones just haven't been looked at yet. They're a huge set and receive a huge amount of applications - over 500 apparently. This is all hearsay though :wink: my status says shortlisted.
4 Breams Buildings turned unsuccessful on gateway but no email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pupilpleaser
Did anyone receive confirmation of an interview at 2 Hare Court? Mine is still at "applied" but I know some people had a change to "shortlisted"?

mine still says applied...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending