The Student Room Group

What revision music do you listen to?

Scroll to see replies

The soundtrack to A Cinderella Story, The Cure, James Blunt, Radiohead, Tom Odell, The Police, The Maccabees & Arctic Monkeys mainly xx
Reply 21
Original post by Kwame502
Video game soundtracks (e.g. Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy)

bruh i completely forgot about those. Hollow bastion was prob my fave in kingdom hearts. (The Beast one)
Reply 22
Original post by rubybrown1234
I love soundtracks, LOTR soundtrack has to be on the top for revision music though! It's very empowering, haha! :adore::adore:

haha LOTR is a bit too epic for me, although i do love them. Actually, I guess the shire tracks would be nice in revision, but... so many feels..
Acoustic music, mainly because it's very relaxing. Mahogany sessions are really good
Mainly Chopin but I also like to listen to soundtracks from films, my favourite ones are the Princess Mononoke and LOTR soundtracks :smile:
I used to listen to lement of glory (alicia keys album) during my A levels. And I ended up with AABBBCC. Instrumental made me sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123moon
I listen to EDM or Future Bass. Depends how i'm feeling but it's always on in the background never with headphones when i'm revising lol

Same - I listen to the future house playlist on spotify. Any kind of electronic music is good for the brain to think, ignore all of the psychology crap. Also because I just do maths...
Reply 27
Original post by Maths is Life
Same - I listen to the future house playlist on spotify. Any kind of electronic music is good for the brain to think, ignore all of the psychology crap. Also because I just do maths...

We have something in common lol

Nah i never listen to that Psychology rubbish. The music makes me happy and positive about working btw the spotify playlists are so good! (don't really like maths that much but if it makes you happy and you enjoy it i won't hold it against you lol)
:tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by Jawwad_Adel
THERE'S THIS ONE SONG.
SATURN by SLEEPING AT LAST.

YES SLEEpING AT LAST HAS THE BEST REVISION MUSIC

Their Atlas albums are ****ing amazing - a song for every planet in our solar system + the moon, pluto and the Sun and it's so ****ing beautiful and i crei evertim
Click here for the playlist
I listen to Lean On-Non-stop 1 hr.:biggrin:Its like a time limit.For one hour I should have finished one section of revision notes.
Or I listen to Lindsey Stirling.shes a dubstep violinist,or Blackmill(sometimes)
Original post by z33
YES SLEEpING AT LAST HAS THE BEST REVISION MUSIC

Their Atlas albums are ****ing amazing - a song for every planet in our solar system + the moon, pluto and the Sun and it's so ****ing beautiful and i crei evertim
Click here for the playlist

ABSOLUTELY AGREED! XD
I've heard them all but I must admit nothing beats Saturn! Such positive vibes! :')
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Music does not work. Backed up by psychological research: You remember things better if the context when learning is similar to the exam context , it will act as cues to help retrieve information

I don't really think you can generalise that music is in general a bad idea. Just like most things it effects people differently and there are some people (like me) who can work perfectly fine with music on.
Reply 32
Original post by Jawwad_Adel
ABSOLUTELY AGREED! XD
I've heard them all but I must admit nothing beats Saturn! Such positive vibes! :':wink:

i knowwwwwwww I loved Saturn so much at first but I think Mars and Earth overtook as my favourites but all of them are awesome xD
Reply 33
Original post by z33
i knowwwwwwww I loved Saturn so much at first but I think Mars and Earth overtook as my favourites but all of them are awesome xD

gonna listen now
The sound of silence because I know how badly I'm going to do 😂
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
The sound of silence because I know how badly I'm going to do 😂

[video="youtube;2EG_Jtw4OyU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EG_Jtw4OyU[/video]?

:ninja:
Original post by 123moon
We have something in common lol

Nah i never listen to that Psychology rubbish. The music makes me happy and positive about working btw the spotify playlists are so good! (don't really like maths that much but if it makes you happy and you enjoy it i won't hold it against you lol)
:tongue:

I recommend the brain food playlist on spotify.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
[video="youtube;2EG_Jtw4OyU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EG_Jtw4OyU[/video]?

:ninja:

That song but not the eurovision version :tongue:
Reply 38
Original post by Maths is Life
I recommend the brain food playlist on spotify.

Okay I'll listen to it ☺️
Thanks for the recommendation! 👍🏼
Reply 39
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
That song but not the eurovision version :tongue:

lmao I genuinely thought you meant no music/ were being sarcastic haha.

Quick Reply

Latest