The Student Room Group

GYG Asks... What does your evening revision look like?

:wavey: Hello Grow Your Grades Bloggers! :wavey:

Now that you're all moving closer to exams I'm sure you're starting to pick up the pace with studying and revision :biggrin: But what does that look like for you?

When you get home in the evenings, what time do you usually start studying?

How long before you take a break or finish up completely?

Are you a music and snacks sort of person or do you need complete silence and no distractions? :colondollar:

Let us know below! :smile:

Grow Your Grades

srslysasquatch
x
Chronoscope
x
justobserving
x
Old Skool Freak
x
orb22
x
PAT_22
x
aarcs
x
andoreux
x
ChanelxBaddie
x
Da_fluffay
x
MysticGalaxy
x
penguingirl18
x
Sophie Warman
x
StarryDakota
x
Theultimatrevise
x
29swife
x
dagi1234
x
aliaa03
x
Dr.JansonGray
x
HannahChadwick
x
shaw867
x
wkstudy
x
Ghostlady
x
Joshua pilling
x
lilorain
x
Maths_Duck
x
tllewellyn
x
……..gjfghhfygdrh
x
Cgodfrry
x
CoolCola981
x
Genesiss
x
halfharry
x
Hatekittens12345
x
hyacinth77
x
indiequeen
x
My.ang_lais
x
platinumlily
x
Plop345
x
Scotney
x
Talkative Toad
x
University of Kent
x
University of Strathclyde
x
anxnyx
x
CatalinaIK
x
CheeseIsVeg
x
Coffeemetro
x
EstL
x
flyingpiper26
x
imogenbella
x
jad3msryann
x
Jaysy
x
koolkhad
x
LaurynGold
x
lopoolll
x
Mara1680
x
marble arch
x
RainbowLapras
x
sarM123
x
Sorcerer's Storm
x
stemguy
x
subbhy
x
summerbummer
x
TiBFS
x
vampxenaa
x
AAADad
x
AK____
x
anon21443524321
x
BankaiGintoki
x
bblondon
x
bl0bf1sh
x
blahblah0101
x
blubberpengi
x
cellist2015-now
x
cherryblossomed
x
Darsh Rathod
x
dpyalnaknhania
x
flaurie
x
flyingc0w1001
x
HadronCollider
x
IO bear
x
kevano
x
Kingdragon
x
Kumi150
x
Lancaster Student Ambassador
x
Larryflax
x
Marthatibur
x
Maybar
x
melody6v6
x
mika626
x
mohona1827
x
Peri-Nova
x
robin_james
x
S_340
x
SesenTESFU
x
topslugger
x
ts-d1
x
University of Leicester
x
08_
x
14james
x
--A--
x
Abbiexjane
x
absolutelysprout
x
academicweapon07
x
Ajdj12
x
alinazei
x
Alonepast
x
amberb2003
x
Amelie Treacy
x
amiinthebuilding
x
Anthony1223
x
BioCatalyst
x
Bookworm524
x
Brandbe
x
Brishnee
x
CalamityJane85
x
carrottogo
x
cezmudie
x
crazyfrog333
x
Dan1298
x
DarkWarrior20
x
dbx432
x
dental-lyfe
x
dentistjoe
x
dougdougie23
x
Duransian
x
dust bunny
x
elliexmae.x
x
emmab0486
x
emmakellyusa
x
EnigmaChess
x
enoslolol
x
erin282888441
x
EssexOfficialRep
x
EssexStudentRep
x
fate01
x
fiftyblunts
x
Flk10
x
FlyingSquirrel10
x
g1912
x
gigglechad2
x
greg tony
x
Grgy
x
Iamhim123
x
iL1L
x
isabellekast
x
jacksmith23
x
Jam12345
x
Jannet2ester
x
JeniusJeni
x
Jo007
x
jojo257_
x
kes1a__
x
kingz0121
x
lanaaa0976
x
libertyalicexxx
x
Limpbiskit
x
livi548
x
Loughborough Student Community
x
lyrical-anticomm
x
m1sk1
x
ma937
x
macsnothot
x
marz11
x
McGinger
x
MindMax2000
x
misanthrope07
x
momo_basket
x
monkeyman12345
x
Moonma
x
Nathaniel31
x
NE0NP1NK
x
niyanair2018
x
OrangeArcher
x
Owenjasus
x
Plantagenet Crown
x
QueenOla
x
RandomLawGuy
x
randompanda_
x
rsstudent007
x
Santiago Pardo
x
Scientist66
x
serterweryerper
x
sg.0
x
SGfan386
x
SOAS Student Rep
x
someoneveryshort
x
sphenoid
x
takeda
x
TDCTV
x
ThyNDS
x
UEA Rep Daniel
x
unknown_____098
x
Username123ab
x
vapordave
x
wellimwarda
x
zainabaderibigbe
x
zay225
x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
frankly I'm not going to dress this up, I don't really get time to study when I get home but when I do I definitely need minimal distractions! I divide my studying into informational videos on the content and cornell notes and usually spend my frees at school doing this instead of at home bc I'm either busy helping my mum or distracted by household chores 🫡
I have a massive respect for people who are able to study at home but I also want people to know if home life makes it incredibly hard for you to study, take advantage of your local libraries and if you get frees in school, make the most of those too bc it'll make it a bit easier on you!
Hmmm I tend to stay at school until around 5:00 revising after classes. I normally grab a snack from the cafe, settle into a podcast or maybe some Taylor Swift or some 90s album and work until I can go home. I get distracted at home so staying late works for me. I do miss the sun though!
i tend to do most of my work at school but at home i have 30mins-1hr to just chill out, get changed and make a drink! when i’m working i tend to listen to music quietly 🎶 🙂
Reply 4
Ooh good question

When I start to study, ideally from 4-5 start so I can get an hour done early but I tend to start more like 5 or 6ish. I try and do an hour or 45 min session then a 15-30 min break to do another. I’m aiming for two hours and half revision daily (including free periods) but I also do a lot of webinars and programmes so they can take up time.

Also I’m a music gal normally, I’ve moved more to classical music because it can be very dramatic which weirdly makes me feel like defeating the revision is a quest and gives me an extra boost of motivation! Also I’m always hungry so snacks are usually a must 😂

And thank you for making this thread for reminding me to get back to work
Own up: who here is revising in bed?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17

….
Reply 7
I'll be honest, my exams are in 2 months and I haven't started proper revison yet. I wish I could though, but my teachers are setting so much coursework and hw that I can't keep up with normal revision. But once that's over (hopefully in a week's time) I'll be able to study properly :smile:

So when that happens, my plan is:
An hour to myself after school. Afterwards, I'd listen to some classical/jazz music so that I can focus when studying, and I'd get myself a drink. My most effective revision is just working through revison guides eg. cgp/how to pass or some past papers!
My revision in currently non-existent unfortunately
Reply 9
I'm struggling to revise atm because of work and sport and my lack of energy :/
If I stay after school in the library, I can be so motivated. But if I'm at home I need candles and classical music to keep me going! The good thing about maths is I can listen to music with lyrics in whilst revsising :smile:
I usually have about an hour to two hours of a break before starting revision and then I work for a couple of hours, have dinner and then do another half an hour to an hour of work :smile:
I don't tend to study in the evenings, I usually do work during the day but including weekends. If I do it's sporadic and not a set structure, just whatever I need to do/feel like doing.
i am very fortunate to have finished the course content in all my subjects (bio chem econ) so i have mocks rn and after that until may i'll just do past papers (by topic first then by year) it has been working really well for me so far
For uni I tend to do most of mine in the afternoon, as most of my uni classes are scheduled for mornings these days :yep:. I try to finish no later than probably 8.30pm or 9 as my brain definitely won't be doing anything productive by then :nah:

Original post by 04MR17

:popout: guilty :biggrin: although most of my productive study sessions come from being in the uni library. They have these excellent sofa desks which are SO comfy :awesome:

Spoiler

(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
i get home at around 4:45 and spend my time until 6pm just relaxing and doing whatever so that i can wind down from school, and then i eat dinner and start my work from around 7-7:30. after this i follow my weekly timetable for what i have to do for that day, and just continuously revise until i sleep, which is around 11pm most of the time. i know that i should probably start spacing out my revision more 😭😭 but for me personally, i can focus for longer periods than shorter ones, so i guess revision is different for everyone!!
and omg i'm definitely a music and snacks person, a peaceful lofi playlist alongside a cup of tea or coffee or any hot drink is my ideal revision aesthetic 🤍🤍
Original post by Pwca

:wavey: Hello Grow Your Grades Bloggers! :wavey:

Now that you're all moving closer to exams I'm sure you're starting to pick up the pace with studying and revision :biggrin: But what does that look like for you?

When you get home in the evenings, what time do you usually start studying?

How long before you take a break or finish up completely?

Are you a music and snacks sort of person or do you need complete silence and no distractions? :colondollar:

Let us know below! :smile:

Grow Your Grades

@Pwca ah I cant answer that, I finished sixth form in 1994.
Original post by 04MR17

just out here calling me out😭😭😭. i have like a foldable desk cause my room is so small i cant have a permanant one so the only place i can sit is on my bed
Okay so my revision is very in the moment. I do what I feel like when I need to do it, i do ofc make a rough list, but do I follow that list? sometimes yes, mostly no because i hate being restricted down to one thing and when im in a flow of a subject I can do it for hoursss. Other than that Id say I start revising at 6ish after school but I always use my breaks, lunches and frees to revise in school too but I dont count that as revision for some reason, i onyl count after school as revision which is really weird but thats what makes sence to me.

I am defo a music girl, i tend to block out my stomch needs when im revising until I am absolutly starving and at that point i go down and make myself a sandwich before coming back to my room and 'revising' yall have to remember I get so distracted by everything so its a task and a half. LIKE I CAN NOT CONCINTRATE AT ALL. and its rlly bad. I should get it tested out butttt thats long so yh.

thats my revision guys. if you want more on my chaotic life then check out my gyg because that crap is anything but organisedxx

love you all loads AND GOOD LUCK WITH EXAMS CAUSE I KNOW I NEED IT
Tatakae L <3
I do a 2 hour revision session from 4 to 6 with a 10/15 minute break once. My mum comes around 6 so I help her make dinner/watch something on tv and then I try start again at 9 till 11 or sometimes longer if i am in the flow.
I am always using my frees, can’t remember the last time I didn’t, but I don’t count them in my revision maybe because i am crazy.
I have a jar of nuts (thanks mum!) on my desk and most times i just chew on a gum but other than that i don’t like eating when i am studying.
Also, personally prefer silence, no distractions. i find music so distracting cause my tiny poor brain can’t focus on two things at once but I do
like to listen to lofi music sometimes so if you
have any recs pls let me know!
My course is fully online and I work full time so I grab study time in the evenings as much as I can. It's not always easy as I have kids so often you'll find me with a cuppa at 10pm (sometimes later) and my laptop catching up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending