The Student Room Group

is it weird to wear false eyelashes every day?

i'm not talking big, flashy ones that girls wear on nights out but i do wear natural looking ones every day. My natural eyelashes are pretty much non existent and i look 10 times better when i wear falsies because they make me look more feminine. Would you think this is a lot of effort to put in for every day wear or is this normal? wondering if any other girls do the same? :smile:
Reply 1
You a fake ass bitch

:colonhash:
Reply 2
Lots of girls wear false eyelashes everyday so you do whatever makes you feel good girl :smile: Other options would be to get eyelash extensions or an eyelash lift with a tint perhaps?
Original post by Articultr
i'm not talking big, flashy ones that girls wear on nights out but i do wear natural looking ones every day. My natural eyelashes are pretty much non existent and i look 10 times better when i wear falsies because they make me look more feminine. Would you think this is a lot of effort to put in for every day wear or is this normal? wondering if any other girls do the same? :smile:

I have naturally blessed with long eyelashes (not trying to boast) so I never do that but I don't really bother with makeup on a day to day basis tbh, too much work. I had a friend who would take and hour just to draw her eyebrows like no but then she stopped because she lost so much sleep bc of it.
My mother has ginger hair and she gets her eyelashes tinted. They seem to last forever and they look thicker as a result. If it ever got tiring for you, perhaps you could look into it? It's nothing to feel bad about, honestly, I can't go out without wearing foundation :smile:
I'd be more worried about the daily application and removal - it can't be doing them or your eyelids any good?

There are some REALLY good mascaras out there now that can help increase the volume of your lashes, they are much kinder to your eyes than applying false everyday. I personally love Younique (but I do sell it) and Smashbox - I think they both make my lashes look awesome :wink: I have a customer who has no lashes (well, she does but you can't see them) and she loves Younique's mascara because after applying she has some haha

I would try find a mascara to use daily rather than false lashes, save them for special occasions and give your eyes a rest :wink:
It seems like a lot of effort. I don't see an issue with it do what makes you happy I guess. But I think semi-permanent eyelashes would be best in your situation.
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I have naturally blessed with long eyelashes (not trying to boast) so I never do that but I don't really bother with makeup on a day to day basis tbh, too much work. I had a friend who would take and hour just to draw her eyebrows like no but then she stopped because she lost so much sleep bc of it.

What has that got to do with the question? :confused:
Reply 8
Yeah, as others said no real problem with it, just worrying about how much time you might spend getting ready (although you must be a pro by now), and that it's probably not too healthy for you!!! Maybe as mentioned, try to dye your eyelashes because that does help? Wear some good mascara? Perhaps limit the fake eyelashes for when you're going out or something so they don't start hurting you more than they help you!! :h:
Original post by loveleest
What has that got to do with the question? :confused:

She asked if us girls do the same so I said I didn't (maybe not upfront but indirectly lmao) and I gave an example what my friend did for her eyebrows.

Spoiler

Original post by Mrs.Grey
She asked if us girls do the same so I said I didn't (maybe not upfront but indirectly lmao) and I gave an example what my friend did for her eyebrows.

Spoiler

No, I got it of google haha, but thanks :smile:
Original post by loveleest
No, I got it of google haha, but thanks :smile:

Oh and welome :smile:
Reply 12
are you able to see with them on?
Reply 13
Original post by Inker
are you able to see with them on?

errrr yes? lol what
Original post by Articultr

I don't even go to the effort of doing my makeup every day but if it makes you feel confident then that's fine.
Reply 15
Get eyelash extensions :smile:
I'd only worry about taking it off every night as I dislike the hassle of doing so. The eyes are also very delicate as well. That being said, it's not my choice-you can do whatever you want. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest