The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

right i've finished 'learning' they essays, what do i do now? i've just got together the ones that have been predicted but there are so many... shall i just try and go over them?
Original post by yung7up
Yo this is great thanks a lot!!! You have a similar writing style to me so this helps too!!

Glad its of use :smile: Good luck in the exam
Original post by Gezza_O'Brien
Im doing Relationships Aggression and Intelligence. They seem to like doing splits in intelligence (like 4+8) and have done quite a few 4+16 in aggression, which is grim, do you think they could do that this year?

Also, in Jan 2012 for intelligence they did 8 AO1 marks for classical conditioning, then they wanted 16 AO2 marks on intelligence in non human animals which barely has anything to do with classical and is a whole different essay, so essentally they wanted us to evaluate something without writing any AO1 points about it, which frankly is harsh af. Do think this is likely to happen again? Tbf it was ages ago (idk have they changed the spec since?)

Just gonna bump this cuz I need an answer/opinion please :smile:
Original post by Mesosleepy
Wait, is the exam at 9.00 or 2pm?

Original post by evekay
right i've finished 'learning' they essays, what do i do now? i've just got together the ones that have been predicted but there are so many... shall i just try and go over them?

Have you memorized them all? So have you completed everything?
Original post by Marli-Ruth

No its not. Its at 2pm.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Have you memorized them all? So have you completed everything?

well when i say i've memorised them, i have gone through each and summarised them and written flash cards for all but the ones that came up last year...

honestly there\s only one or two that i could write without my notes:s-smilie: but i just find it far too much to memorise them!
Original post by bullseye1
You write 5-6 pieces of evidence in 1 essay for unit 3? Surely that's way too many, I was told to write 3, or 4 if the studies are brief! How can you remember 5-6 studies for roughly 33 theories, that's like 165 studies!

Yes that is a lot but you have to remember there is a depth vs breadth trade off and examiners are made aware of this all the time. So using 6 brief studies can get you exactly the same marks as 3 detailed studies (not exactly the ratio btw just an example) Either way you must link back to the question regardless
Original post by notafail
does anyone have a aggression essay for group display? im desperate lol

SAME. i was about to ask this i haven't got a clue what to write for this essay PLZ HELP
Original post by evekay
well when i say i've memorised them, i have gone through each and summarised them and written flash cards for all but the ones that came up last year...

honestly there\s only one or two that i could write without my notes:s-smilie: but i just find it far too much to memorise them!

I went through relationships and could recall the 5 essays i learnt i didnt go over aggression but will do later today or tomorrow, im doing sleep now but i have 7 essays to learn before tomorrow.....
I went through relationships and could recall the 5 essays i learnt i didnt go over aggression but will do later today or tomorrow, im doing sleep now but i have 7 essays to learn before tomorrow.....

at least you're actually memorised them though! like fair play, i wasn't able to do that!
but yeah guess i'll just spend the rest of the day writing out the essays from the flash cards i made until i've remembered them..
can an evolutionary theory be reductionist and how accurate are loopa predictions usually?
Original post by Hihihi123
No its not. Its at 2pm.

My exam sheets says 1.30
Do people start at different times?
No its not. Its at 2pm.

It is definitely 1:30
Guys who are struggling to memorise the essays, try and create acronyms for each essay of the important studies or idas and write out the acronym before you practice the question trust me it has helped me a lot, but whatever works best for you

e.g. for nerual mechanisms on agg i remember WHS PB

Wagner et al 1997
Harrison 2000
Simpson et al 2001

Phineas Cage
Bard and Mount castle

And the rest of IDAS makes sense and flows as i write out the study
Reply 2775
Original post by yung7up

Exams aren't at 2pm- they rather start at 9am or 1.30pm, PSYA3 starts at 1.30pm.
Original post by bluefire66
can an evolutionary theory be reductionist and how accurate are loopa predictions usually?

Best IDA for evolutionary theories is probably that they are post-hoc, aka they are in the past and can't be scientifically tested and whatnot so it reduces validity and lacks scientific credibility
Original post by yung7up

Original post by Marli-Ruth
My exam sheets says 1.30
Do people start at different times?

No its not. Its at 2pm.

Mine says 1:15
Original post by yung7up
Guys who are struggling to memorise the essays, try and create acronyms for each essay of the important studies or idas and write out the acronym before you practice the question trust me it has helped me a lot, but whatever works best for you

e.g. for nerual mechanisms on agg i remember WHS PB

Wagner et al 1997
Harrison 2000
Simpson et al 2001

Phineas Cage
Bard and Mount castle

And the rest of IDAS makes sense and flows as i write out the study

the thing is, i recognise those names but have no idea what any of them said specifically. so i'm kind of screwed when it comes to ao2 lol
Mine says 1:15

The exam starts at 1:30pm, but you are expected to get there 15/20 minutes early to settle down and be in the room, which is probably why yours says 1:15.

The actual 'you may now start your exam' moment is definitely at 1:30pm.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending