The Student Room Group

Can't revise but have maths GCSE tomorrow HELP

So far I've managed to do a decent amount of revision before each of my exams and they've generally gone well but today I can't bring myself to revise. I have maths tomorrow and I did a past paper and I've gone over my cards but when I try to do more questions my mind goes blank even if the question is easy. Plus I did worse than usual in the paper :frown:
Does anyone have any advice because I genuinely feel like I won't do well tomorrow and every time I try to do some revision I get distracted or just can't
Original post by TheAnonymousLife
So far I've managed to do a decent amount of revision before each of my exams and they've generally gone well but today I can't bring myself to revise. I have maths tomorrow and I did a past paper and I've gone over my cards but when I try to do more questions my mind goes blank even if the question is easy. Plus I did worse than usual in the paper :frown:
Does anyone have any advice because I genuinely feel like I won't do well tomorrow and every time I try to do some revision I get distracted or just can't

Right first thing to do is to relax, and then try and put all ur distratcions to one side, and read the question carefully, once u read it u should know what the question is about, as u said did past papers and a lot of revison, so u should be ok, hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
go revise!!!!

:angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Right first thing to do is to relax, and then try and put all ur distratcions to one side, and read the question carefully, once u read it u should know what the question is about, as u said did past papers and a lot of revison, so u should be ok, hope this helps :smile:

Thanks a lot! I've taken quite a long break now so hopefully I'll be able to do some last minute revision :smile:
Reply 4
Firstly, believe that you will do well, because you will! Secondly, I'd recommend watching videos on youtube of topics you find difficult, then swapping to a revision guide and practising some questions. It's good you have made notes, try getting someone to test you on them? On Youtube you can watch worked out past papers so that should help with some questions too. All the best, I'll be sitting the exam tomorrow too :smile:
Thanks a lot! I've taken quite a long break now so hopefully I'll be able to do some last minute revision :smile:

Yes, im sure u will be able to do a lot of revision done, and get the grade u deserve, good luck and tell me how it goes tomorrow :smile:
Trust me I'm doing the same thing as your doing as we speak.
Got an exam tommorow but can't find the power to go revise for it.
And past Papers do my head in.
So I just have to stick to mathswatch

Myabe thats because the latest papers like the jan2016 ones have been harder than previous years but luckily the grade boundaries are lower too. Go through the papers you have done and look at what kind of mistakes you make.
the examsolutions channel and also doing a paper while watching someone do the same paper are 2 things that help me a lot :-)
(you do a question, then watch them go through it)
Original post by PATDLOL
Firstly, believe that you will do well, because you will! Secondly, I'd recommend watching videos on youtube of topics you find difficult, then swapping to a revision guide and practising some questions. It's good you have made notes, try getting someone to test you on them? On Youtube you can watch worked out past papers so that should help with some questions too. All the best, I'll be sitting the exam tomorrow too :smile:

Thank you soo much! I hadn't thought of watching youtube videos xD I'll definately be doing that. Good luck for tomorrow!
Good luck everyone who is taking this exam. I am also taking this exam so make sure all the hard work pays off and the small, significant letter on your results will be your reward. I really hope you all get the grades you deserve. :smile:
Original post by P____P
go revise!!!!

:angry:

Lol will do
Reply 12
Lol will do

Thats more like it:h:
Hey just wondering how you guys thought the exam went? I personally thought it wasn't that bad :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending