The Student Room Group

no revision done night before gcse exam!!

HELP! i can't focus and i don't know where to start. i'm really bad at science and am basically learning the content from scratch due to mental health reasons....
Reply 1
Original post by studysof
HELP! i can't focus and i don't know where to start. i'm really bad at science and am basically learning the content from scratch due to mental health reasons....

Hey which exam is tomorrow? I really really recommend you take a past paper in exam conditions, then mark it yourself to see your weakest points and try not to panic as you do so! Then if you're doing AQA try watching some freesciencelessons videos on the topics you found the worst and if you can concentrate enough to do so then make notes on the key points which you can quickly read through tomorrow morning. At this point it's probably more worth covering more content rather than getting a good night's sleep so maybe just see how much you can cover?? And if that's not keeping your attention enough try reading through past markschemes or examiner's reports to see where other people have tripped up in the past. Good luck!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Hey, I took my GCSEs last year so I feel you.

cognito is pretty good for quick practice- they have videos too! seneca is the same. physics and maths tutor will have both extensive notes and mindmaps if you need to look at those. Have a look at the channel science shorts for useful mindmaps by paper- they go through everything in the exam within 20-30 minutes. After you've done some content revision, as beaquin said, exam questions are key! Start doing the questions nice and early- the more you get through the better you will do in the exam. Don't avoid them just because you're not secure on content: if you get stuck- go back to these resources!

For your focusing problem- remember to stay calm- I know it's crazy that there's the big exam tomorrow but doing your best is enough. Try installing a productivity app if you can't get off your phone. Background music without lyrics might also help- or start playing GCSE science videos in the background and just ignore them while doing your work.

Any questions for me feel free to ask.

Good luck!

Reply 3

Heya!
I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with focusing and science. Science can be overwhelming, so try breaking down what you need to learn into smaller, manageable parts. Set small goals for each study session and focus on completing those goals. There are also many online resources available, such as educational videos or practice quizzes. If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest