The Student Room Group

Who got into St Olaves 6th Form?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ingeek2010
I got in....i'm doing Double Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computing... :smile:

was the entrance exam hard ?
Original post by jerezion
Same! I'd love if you could message me about what the Maths and Chemistry exams are like, I'm applying this year and need as much know how as possible aha :smile:

I did the entrance tests last year and I go to the school now. Maths was ridiculously hard! And that's coming from someone who was doing A-level maths at the time. However, they say that they alternate between papers over 3 years (easy, medium and hard) so our year got the hard maths exam. Biology and Chemistry were much easier though. I think the best thing is to revise for it as if it was an actual GCSE exam because the types of questions are the same (or even harder) than GCSE. Also, for sciences, try and look over the stuff you did in year 10 because there were some questions that came up which i only vaguely remembered. Good Luck!:smile:
Reply 102
Original post by nyami001.303
I did the entrance tests last year and I go to the school now. Maths was ridiculously hard! And that's coming from someone who was doing A-level maths at the time. However, they say that they alternate between papers over 3 years (easy, medium and hard) so our year got the hard maths exam. Biology and Chemistry were much easier though. I think the best thing is to revise for it as if it was an actual GCSE exam because the types of questions are the same (or even harder) than GCSE. Also, for sciences, try and look over the stuff you did in year 10 because there were some questions that came up which i only vaguely remembered. Good Luck!:smile:

Thank you so much! And I've already done my Maths GCSE last summer but I've forgotten quite a bit, I think I'll need to be revising again. And science, were the questions phrased similarly to the way they are in actual GCSE exams? And thanks once again, that was really helpful :smile:
Reply 103
Original post by hopes&dreams
I would be very grateful if you could email me to tell me what the entrance exams are like for maths?
thank you!!
and any tips

Could you E-mail me too if its not too much trouble? For Maths, Chem, Bio and Geography if you did them please, Thanks!!!!
Reply 104
I got in :smile: I did exams in maths, biology, German and music. Does anyone know how many people get in to the sixth form?
I know it's either forty girls and forty boys or forty in total . . . I can't remember!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
I got in :smile: Chemistry, bio, german and maths woo
Reply 107
80 in total
Reply 108
80 in total, yes and because it's a boys school and they want to keep a balance, I think about 50 girls generally get in (they make up roughly 25% of the 6th form)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by 2 Love Learn
I'm in Olaves' sixth form and tbh if you want to do Spanish it probably isn't the best place :/ olaves is definitely more science and maths orientated and the new external students tend to pick up the slack on the arts side. Regardless the school is amazing because of the people. When I got in I felt so much at home, there will be a group of people like you, you really can't generalise. The guys are friendly and the students are very diverse - there are the really geeky academic people but there are also those that are always out to have a good time.

And yes it is true, we are incredibly cocky and proud of it :smile:. There was a facebook hate group about the cockiness and in the end it got swamped by olavians and we were it's only members cept 5 people lol. It's not really a bad thing, we know we are in one of the best schools in the country and therefore some of the brightest students and proud to acknowledge that. Once you join olaves it doesn't matter what school you were in, you're now a part of the school, the cockiness tends to irritate other schools because they know we really are better than them :wink:

what would you need in grades to get in st olaves do you think this is good enough:
*=8a=7b=6
8maths
8maths+
7 bio
7phy
7 chem
7 eng lang
7 eng lit
7 geo
6 pe
6 sph
7 dt
7 rp
hey i've been seeing this thread often recently.
I heard that st. olaves is really good, where exactly is it?
Reply 111
Original post by rayestar
hey i've been seeing this thread often recently.
I heard that st. olaves is really good, where exactly is it?

orpington/ sidcup
Original post by ssjveg2
orpington/ sidcup

hmm never heard of it. I guess its faraway from me
Reply 113
Original post by rayestar
hmm never heard of it. I guess its faraway from me

its in bexley borough
Original post by ssjveg2
its in bexley borough

I live in North London so yeah
I have received conditional offer from st olaves. Does everyone receive the same? Do they do an unconditional offer for anyone? I'm confused
Original post by Ivan2005
I have received conditional offer from st olaves. Does everyone receive the same? Do they do an unconditional offer for anyone? I'm confused

Same everyone who has received an offer has to get 64 points to get in e.g 1 a* and 8as or 2a* 6as and 1b or 3a*s 4as and 2b etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending