The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4960
Original post by NHM
Probably I'm thinking... It's gonna be split on bio therapies/ explanations or just a straight classification and diagnosis one.

Really? But bio explanations came up in the R paper, and bio therapies came up for the normal paper.. I'm hoping for psychological explanations or classification and diagnosis
Reply 4961
Original post by yasx_
Really? But bio explanations came up in the R paper, and bio therapies came up for the normal paper.. I'm hoping for psychological explanations or classification and diagnosis

Think about it if they put psychological explanations / therapies on it would be so predictable!
Original post by wickedisgood
How do you structure answers that talk about discussing research? ''e.g. discuss research into stalking''? Is the ao1 outlining studies and ao2 evaluating it methodologically like at AS? i'm confusing myself :/

Either do what you said or - theories (AO1) and studies (AO2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4963
Original post by NHM
Think about it if they put psychological explanations / therapies on it would be so predictable!

That's true. Guess we have to revise every single essay thoroughly just in case. :frown: Hopefully they're nice to us this year!
Hey can someone please post an example essay of the issues with validity/reliability of diagnosis question for depression?? I hate this question :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Am I safe only revising classification & diagnosis, psychological explanations, and psychological therapies for schizophrenia? :frown: I don't have time to revise everything!!
Guys can I include an ethical issues paragraph in my evaluation for biological therapies of depression, or will it not be marked due to IDA not being needed?

Something like:
Another issue is thatpatients in some cases cannot give fully informed consent to ECT as they are soseverely depressed that they do not really understand the implications of thetreatment. This is often cited as a serious ethical issue when using such a controversialform of treatment. However, it could be argued that it is just as unethical towithhold treatment which might be beneficial and actually save a depressedindividual’s life.
there must be someone on here also doing ocd!
for people who are doing ocd can you please help me with diagnoses and classifications of ocd please this is the only question i am really struggling with thank you
Original post by NHM
Probably I'm thinking... It's gonna be split on bio therapies/ explanations or just a straight classification and diagnosis one.

tbh, I would like all except biological therapies
Reply 4969
Original post by Daisy May
Am I safe only revising classification & diagnosis, psychological explanations, and psychological therapies for schizophrenia? :frown: I don't have time to revise everything!!

No. You aren't .
Original post by Daisy May

at least read over everything! you can do it :biggrin:
Reply 4971
Anyone got predictions for anomalistic psychology? Literally dying rn there's so much to revise
Why did the boundaries rise last year, in 2014 it was 57 for an A star, yet in 2015 it was 57 for just an A, The paper hasnt got harder? I cant see any differences.
Anyone have notes for Anomalistic?
How risky would it be to do just Hovland Yale for all persuasiveness of tv ads (not do elaboration likelihood or any other one)?
has anyone else got a load of exams this week, as well as PSYA4, how are you managing your time ? :frown:
Original post by kanelynne
How risky would it be to do just Hovland Yale for all persuasiveness of tv ads (not do elaboration likelihood or any other one)?

i would say that's kinda risky, im just learning the two models though as you can use them for all of it mostly
Original post by Kellypom
For depression there are 3 psychological explanations for it. Can I just make notes and revise 2, for example cognitive factors and sociocultural factors instead of brain overload learning 3 when only 2 explanations are required at minimum in exam

just learn 2 bc if they ask for 'explanations' then you can pick up all the marks with 2 :smile:
Reply 4978
Original post by kanelynne

Very- do Hovland and ELM - ignore hard sell soft sell
Reply 4979
Original post by rosieschofield
has anyone else got a load of exams this week, as well as PSYA4, how are you managing your time ? :frown:

I have ENGB3 Wednesday not even started revision will have like 6 hours to revise it all :/

Latest

Trending

Trending