A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

What the hell was that issues and debates section :frown:
Original post by psychemma
My verdict: clinical was good, issues and debates not so good :frown:

My verdict too, unfortunately!
However, I dropped 45 marks lol so I'm not expecting much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone manage to finish the paper? It wasn't an easy paper it was quite tough.
ew. i think i got about 3 marks for the ethnocentrism question, i had absolutely no clue what to write for the other one.

dunno really know what i was meant to write for the evaluation part of ethnocentrism. blehh.

i couldnt answer the 6 mark question on data

goodbye uni :frown:
Finished the paper, that's an achievement it itself. Anyhow, I found the paper very straightforward and dare I say it - easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone outline what they wrote in the ethnocentrism 18 marker?

what did you write?
Original post by Trolleybaby
My verdict too, unfortunately!
However, I dropped 45 marks lol so I'm not expecting much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't fret too much, if you literally dropped 45 marks, that's a C (according to 2015's grade boundaries) though if you're saying that for exaggeration i think you'll be fine....
Original post by Julieplec
Finished the paper, that's an achievement it itself. Anyhow, I found the paper very straightforward and dare I say it - easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

you finished it? that's incredible, good job!. What did you write for the 18 marker? and what's the structure for the 18 marker? apparently it's like a 12 marker and the other marks are for the structure etc.
Original post by chickenfoot
what did you write?

I honestly don't know why I did this question so I wouldn't take what I wrote as being right AT ALL :frown:

I defined ethnocentrism, talked about how it's unavoidable etc then spoke about how it can affect research (incorrectly generalising, interpreting according to your own culture).
I also put in a tiny bit about the emic/etic approaches
I doubt I gained any marks for the evaluation part tbh
AND I didn't put in any research really, I wrote a bit about Milgram/Meeus&Raaijmaker but I don't think it's relevant?
I know there's some research in child psychology but I did health so didn't know this
I'd say I maybe got 3/12 for content and idk for the structure
What did you write?
Well that was an absolute massive fail. Horrible timing, horrible contribution questions *cries forever*
Original post by FritoJane
Don't fret too much, if you literally dropped 45 marks, that's a C (according to 2015's grade boundaries) though if you're saying that for exaggeration i think you'll be fine....

I counted! Literally dropped 45 but thank you for some reassurance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently the second option for the 18 marker could be answered with social agency theory and social identity theory :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone outline what they wrote in the ethnocentrism 18 marker?

For description, I wrote about ethnocentrism in psychology, defined some key terms, specified how it affects psychology e.g. interpretation of behaviour, different values from individualistic culture
For the evaluate, I used studies from child (Ainsworth), social approach (Milgram, Meeus), clinical (DSM). Didn't write as much as I wanted to though. With the studies, I specifically said how it was/wasn't ethnocentric.
(edited 7 years ago)
Literally don't think it could've gone any worse.
I finished the paper (but probably dropped lots of marks along the way for not putting enough/not putting correct info)
The clinical was ok but the I&D was horrible, don't think I've got any marks for the science questions and it was so difficult to write about two studies and why they're scientific.

Bye bye chances of getting into university 👋👋👋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 694
I think it went okay. I have extra time but I still didn't manage to finish although I just left a 5 mark one since I did the 18 first for I+D. For ethnocentrism, I defined it and put in examples, said why we are ethnocentric and used examples from child and clinical, then I said the developments in research and used examples and then I did the evaluation bit with generalisability, validity and reliability issues! Examples were like child and clinical studies and emics and etics and the DSM!
For ethnocentrism I defined what it was and how it's hard to avoid.
Then talked about Ainsworth's USA study and compared to Germany's SST study
Then talked about cultural relativity and Malinowski
The evaluation points were mainly just weaknesses of the two researchers and I put like "it's very difficult to fully immerse yourself in a culture so really hard to avoid ethnocentrism" but not sure if that's evaluation for ethnocentrism hm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 696
am i the only person who did 9b? :frown:
I honestly don't know why I did this question so I wouldn't take what I wrote as being right AT ALL I defined ethnocentrism, talked about how it's unavoidable etc then spoke about how it can affect research (incorrectly generalising, interpreting according to your own culture).I also put in a tiny bit about the emic/etic approachesI doubt I gained any marks for the evaluation part tbhAND I didn't put in any research really, I wrote a bit about Milgram/Meeus&Raaijmaker but I don't think it's relevant?I know there's some research in child psychology but I did health so didn't know thisI'd say I maybe got 3/12 for content and idk for the structureWhat did you write?

milgram and meeus is correct!i defined ethnocentrism spoke about it in relation to clinical and child but is was soo weak, so dunno if id gain a markand spoke about malinowski and emic and that's it /:

fvck sake. we'll see.
Did anyone do gottesman and shields for description of procedure?
Just looked here... feel better knowing im not the only one that didnt finish!! I just hope i didnt drop too many marks :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending