The Student Room Group

Is this cheeky fo you think (asking to read someones essay) ?

Im doing a degree and just recieved results from an assignment but didnt do very well in it even though i passed. I want to improve and noticed that a guy in my class posted on facebook that he had got 91% he posted a pic of the score/comments too.

I sent him a message asking if he would mind if i could read through/have a copy of his assignment so that i can see how high marks are gained. I said that id give him a copy of one of my research methods essays that i did well in in return. He hasnt replied and im wondering do you think its too much to ask of someone, am i being too cheeky?

My personal tutor told me to do this months ago though she said find someone with a high mark and ask them if i could read through their work.
Original post by Anonymous
Im doing a degree and just recieved results from an assignment but didnt do very well in it even though i passed. I want to improve and noticed that a guy in my class posted on facebook that he had got 91% he posted a pic of the score/comments too.

I sent him a message asking if he would mind if i could read through/have a copy of his assignment so that i can see how high marks are gained. I said that id give him a copy of one of my research methods essays that i did well in in return. He hasnt replied and im wondering do you think its too much to ask of someone, am i being too cheeky?

My personal tutor told me to do this months ago though she said find someone with a high mark and ask them if i could read through their work.

I don't think it's cheeky at all. In that situation, I guess the one thing to worry about is, for him, if he were to lend out an essay to someone they could copy bits of it in the future and well.. that could be messy. But no, I don't think it'd be cheeky - just see what happens.
Reply 2
From the title I initially thought yes, but actually it's very reasonable if it's already marked - no risk of plagiarism for him. Even if you did copy some, that would only really affect you.
Don't see it as any different to past examples like we get at uni of good work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending