The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MS2B Statistics 2B - 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Renewhj
Any workings for the last question? Realized I had the wrong mean value right after the exam. After all those nasty questions, am I gonna lose tons of marks on this one?😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to rush it so may have got it wrong, but you do the integral of x[f(x)] for each part of the graph, Using the limits given for each part. You then add them together. At least that's what I did. My answer was 3 point something

What were the answers for the four market where they gave you a CI and you had to find Sd and the mean? I got the sd, was the mean the same as x bar?
Original post by irMike
I had to rush it so may have got it wrong, but you do the integral of x[f(x)] for each part of the graph, Using the limits given for each part. You then add them together. At least that's what I did. My answer was 3 point something

What were the answers for the four market where they gave you a CI and you had to find Sd and the mean? I got the sd, was the mean the same as x bar?

I did the mean as the midpoint of the interval

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by irMike

I did exactly the same but😭 Can you describe the pdf graph you got? Might be this part that I got wrong. Yeah I put x bar for mean. Can't remember the answers sorry😦

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by irMike

31.7 for the mean and 2.96 for the variance ( it asked for variance not sd by the way )
Reply 64
Anyone got any idea for distribution of marks for the last question? I'm literally freaking out

Posted from TSR Mobile
The pdf graph I got was a straight line of y=0.25 from 1 to 4 and then a straight diagonal line between 4 and 6 to 0.

I completely messed it up originally as I thought it wanted F(x) and not f(x)
(edited 7 years ago)
What did you guys get for the last 3 marks on question 1? I got 0.622. For the last question I got 73/24 which is 3.042
Original post by Renewhj
Anyone got any idea for distribution of marks for the last question? I'm literally freaking out

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 for the graph and then another 4 or 5 for the next bit
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
did anyone else get 73/24 for the very last question which is like 3.04167
Reply 69
Original post by lollypandahype
5 for the graph and then another 5 for the rest of it I think, but I might be wrong

5 for the graph and 4 for the second bit it was
Original post by whysocereal
What did you guys get for the last 3 marks on question 1? I got 0.622. For the last question I got 73/24 which is 3.042

I recognise 3.042 and my friends said they got 0.6 something for final Q1
Reply 71
Original post by whysocereal

Yeh i got both of these !!
Reply 72
Original post by lollypandahype
The pdf graph I got was a straight line of x=0.25 from 1 to 4 and then a straight diagonal line between 4 and 6 to 0.

I completely messed it up originally as I thought it wanted F(x) and not f(x)

I must have got the graph wrong cuz my graph was two broken lines. I just missed my a* in S2 I think. God I'm so desperate. But I did difeferentiation in (I) and did integration xf(x) in (ii), will I get at least 5 marks out of 10?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sam1231
did anyone else get 73/24 for the very last question which is like 3.04167

Yep yep
Reply 74
What do people think 70/75 will be?
Reply 75
For the contingency tables do you use yates's and V=1?
Reply 76
Original post by Sam1231
What do people think 70/75 will be?

At least an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Jupers
For the contingency tables do you use yates's and V=1?

Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Renewhj
I must have got the graph wrong cuz my graph was two broken lines. I just missed my a* in S2 I think. God I'm so desperate. But I did difeferentiation in (I) and did integration xf(x) in (ii), will I get at least 5 marks out of 10?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely will get at least 5 marks, probably more. Because the first part required integration so you will get probably 3 marks if your f(x) was correct, but you just didn't draw it correctly. And then the second part did require integrating xf(x) so that's maybe 3 marks there.
What values did people get for the chi squared? Did you reject or accept H0?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending