The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Applying to 2 courses

I'm looking to apply to Strathclyde University as an undergraduate in 2024. I'm wondering if the following courses clash in terms of admission - If declined from one, would I be declined from the other(s)?

1. Mathematics, Statistics & Finance (GN33) (BSc Honours) - AABB/ABBBC
2. Finance & Mathematics and Statistics (NG33) (BA Joint Honours) - AAAA/AAABB
3. Mathematics (G100) (BSc Honours) - AABB/ABBBC

I've achieved 3As 2Bs at Higher - would I be recommended to apply to one of the lower entry requirement courses, or could I apply to the "Finance & Mathematics and Statistics (NG33)" alongside a safer option?
Original post by Chris.ml.taylor
I'm looking to apply to Strathclyde University as an undergraduate in 2024. I'm wondering if the following courses clash in terms of admission - If declined from one, would I be declined from the other(s)?

1. Mathematics, Statistics & Finance (GN33) (BSc Honours) - AABB/ABBBC
2. Finance & Mathematics and Statistics (NG33) (BA Joint Honours) - AAAA/AAABB
3. Mathematics (G100) (BSc Honours) - AABB/ABBBC

I've achieved 3As 2Bs at Higher - would I be recommended to apply to one of the lower entry requirement courses, or could I apply to the "Finance & Mathematics and Statistics (NG33)" alongside a safer option?

Hello @Chris.ml.taylor 🙂

Both the Mathematics (G100) and Mathematics, Statistics and Finance (GN33) are taught within the Maths department and so you shouldn't apply to both.

If your personal statement talks about a mixture of Maths and Finance I'd suggest applying to GN33 and NG33. If you were to start studying Maths and Finance and wanted to drop the Finance after your first or second year normally the department can be flexible with this so applying to both of the Maths courses would be a waste of a choice.

When it comes to making your choices if you receive offers - the main difference between both is the way you prefer to learn. If you'd rather your course be more Maths led then pick the course which leads with Maths, or if you'd rather be more Business led then the Finance course with Maths may suit better. There are two different admissions teams so you can apply to both.

Caitlin 😀
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending