The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) June 23rd OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prepdream
What? Isn't it about the causes of deflation???

It is. I autocorrected. DW PEOPLE! Lol.
Original post by High Stakes
It is. I autocorrected. DW PEOPLE! Lol.

It gave me a bit of heart attack thinking I just lost 15 bloody marks because of misreading question lol
Original post by zedqr
Those of you who did Context 2, for the calculation question, did you get 22000 something euros?

Yep got around €22,7XX !!
Original post by Roses98

22753?
Essay 1 My factors causing budget deficit:
Inflation
Interest rates
State of economy (eg recession)
If government needs to increase productive capacity by reducing taxation i drew and AD AS diagram and defined terms hopefully thats 15 marks
I thought it was alright - not as good as unit 3 though.

I did context 1 and essay 2
I did context B and essay 2.

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I think the boundaries could be lower than normal for that paper. From what I have heard, loads of people chose essay 3 about the EU, mainly because of how relevant it is. I honestly think a lot of people will have just recited all of the arguments they've heard on TV etc. despite a lot of them not being economic arguments, as such. I just looked in the textbook and the diagrams for the EU are, imo, the hardest ones for the whole of econ4, and I am willing to bet that most of the people who chose that essay wouldn't have included them. I'm also doubtful that many would've included things about monetary union and other 'solid' economic arguments, because the 'economic arguments' that we hear on the TV for vote leave/remain are quite different to the ones that AQA want.

At least that's what i'm hoping...
Reply 207
In context 2 essay i talked about demand side poilicies as being fiscal policy to cut welfare benefits (reduction in government spending) but i now realise this is supply side. This was a large part of my essay, what will this limit me to?
what did you guys write for essay 2?? i think i answered it wrong
Original post by Patrick Gekko

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I think the boundaries could be lower than normal for that paper. From what I have heard, loads of people chose essay 3 about the EU, mainly because of how relevant it is. I honestly think a lot of people will have just recited all of the arguments they've heard on TV etc. despite a lot of them not being economic arguments, as such. I just looked in the textbook and the diagrams for the EU are, imo, the hardest ones for the whole of econ4, and I am willing to bet that most of the people who chose that essay wouldn't have included them. I'm also doubtful that many would've included things about monetary union and other 'solid' economic arguments, because the 'economic arguments' that we hear on the TV for vote leave/remain are quite different to the ones that AQA want.

That's the exact reason why I decided not to answer the eu question
Original post by Patrick Gekko

Everyone at my school did essay 2.
22753?

Yes!! That's it!! At least 5 marks 👍🏽

Which essay did you pick?
For the causes of a budget deficit did people state the situation where this would occur or did you explain how an increase in gov spending/reduction in tax would lead to a budget deficit and the effects of this
Original post by Crozzer24
For the causes of a budget deficit did people state the situation where this would occur or did you explain how an increase in gov spending/reduction in tax would lead to a budget deficit and the effects of this

I talked about low income tax but also discincentives, unemployment and shocks, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charanjittt
what did you guys write for essay 2?? i think i answered it wrong

Like how deflation caused by decrease in AD leads to unemployment, budget deficit and decrease in investment.
Then evaluate and say if it is caused by increase in AS then it's good.
How about you?
Original post by Roses98

Of course I got that wrong . . . I got €4XXXX or something. I always screw up the calculation . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone at my school did essay 2.

My school seemed to be an even split between 2 and 3, so hopefully the ones doing 3 will bring boundaries down...
Context 2, Essay 1. I found the paper a hell of a lot better than Unit 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm assuming you did the significant feature right so there's 3 marks for you! And another one given your method was vaguely correct for your calculation! 4/5 isn't too shabby 😊
Reply 219
How did you all approach context 2 25 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending