The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) June 23rd OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jampot98
Could've sworn I got 2.6% but I probably didn't read the question properly
We had to analyse the graph on the left over the whole period right?
Posted from TSR Mobile

nah i think it was only a section
for context 1 10 marker what did u man say
Reply 242
I rounded it before multiplying by 100 for some reason lol so I said 23000. Do you think I will get 2/3 marks for that?
Did people refer to policies for demand side improvements? I mostly spoke about growth of an economy leading to higher demand etc. But I did use the policies mentioned in the extracts for supply-side improvements
i revised the EU but did not actually do it as loads of my points were political. good things i didn't do it. good luck guys if you have any more exams. now we just have to wait
Original post by ozzie2
Did people refer to policies for demand side improvements? I mostly spoke about growth of an economy leading to higher demand etc. But I did use the policies mentioned in the extracts for supply-side improvements

Mentioned education and retraining for one.
Original post by GCSEgirl13
i revised the EU but did not actually do it as loads of my points were political. good things i didn't do it. good luck guys if you have any more exams. now we just have to wait

The EU questions are harder to score on imo because they're more political and there's less solid economic theory that you can use to ensure marks.
I wrote about oil prices and wages falling for context 2 , 10 marker how screwed am I?
I did Context 2
For Q4 i got 22000 something
For Q5 i spoke about how the increase in growth means for demand for labour which leads to more employment etc.
Then for Q6 i spoke about benefits and drawback of supply side, fiscal and monetary policy. I then gave examples so min wage and expansionary fiscal policy.
I then did Q11 and spoke about tariffs, quotas, red tape and how in unions there no restrictions etc.
For Q12 i spoke about benefits for individuals and firms then drawbacks for them i.e more inequality. And for my judgement i spoke about how it affects the economy so like the £350 million a week the UK pays the Eu

Im not sure if i answered some of the question right and i'd really appreciate it if you gave me some feedback and a rough mark..thanks in advance
Lol the eu in/out came up. Go hang yourselves AQA ****ing scum then tape it so I watch you guys slowly die
I wouldn't be so sure, people will have gone in with lots of real world examples and good evaluation. Structure of the answer is as important as economic knowledge. And besides, macro tends to require less diagrams anyway. I felt like my answer had lots of AQA economics in it.
Original post by BirdIsWord
Lol the eu in/out came up. Go hang yourselves AQA ****ing scum then tape it so I watch you guys slowly die

u mad tyler?
Reply 252
What did everyone get for the 5 marker, context 1, what %?
Original post by jackm7
What did everyone get for the 5 marker, context 1, what %?

Can't remember.. Something .1
Original post by micycle
u mad tyler?

Obviously lol. Hope the exam writers get terminal cancer honestly : )
Original post by Roses98
Well, I'm assuming you did the significant feature right so there's 3 marks for you! And another one given your method was vaguely correct for your calculation! 4/5 isn't too shabby 😊

Yes, hopefully! My point was a bit weird, though, ha ha.
Context 2 and Essay 1.

Given I ****ed up Econ 3 I really felt like this saved my grade. Lovely paper, feel reasonably confident! That being said I do think people will have screwed up the EU questions, albeit some will take the economic focus the question was asking for ...
Original post by Edminzodo
Yes, hopefully! My point was a bit weird, though, ha ha.

Same! I think I said that between 2011-2013 one category rose (listed figures for start/end) but that over the same period the other category fell in value (listed figures for start/end)
Original post by redwhiteandbrit
Context 2 and Essay 1.

Given I ****ed up Econ 3 I really felt like this saved my grade. Lovely paper, feel reasonably confident! That being said I do think people will have screwed up the EU questions, albeit some will take the economic focus the question was asking for ...

Same context and essay, I feel like I might have lost quite a few marks cause I think my responses were too focused on AS, like I didn't talk about the new A2 stuff like globalisation or trade.
The period shown was from the 1st of August 2015 to the 31st of August 2015. The question asked from the 1st to the 16th of August 2015.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending