The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

4 Bream buildings post first round gateway update, no email yet.
Original post by ipl16
Curious as to what effect pupillage will have on applicants with non-UK citizenship?

I think this depends a lot on your visa status. If you're on a student visa, you are likely going to struggle because you will not only need to convince chambers of your commitment to pursuing a career in the UK, but also that you're worth them going through the rigmarole of sponsoring you on a Tier 2 visa. They would need to get on the list of approved sponsors, which isn't impossible but it does cost money and takes time. This is a huge topic area - I'd suggest getting in touch with the BSB for a more in-depth discussion.

Note that some chambers flat out refuse to sponsor (Matrix is one of them). That being said, if you're on a spousal visa or something else that allows you to work without restrictions, you'll be absolutely fine.
No News of New Court & 4 Brick Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannii
Anyone have an idea of second round interviews have gone out for 2HC yet??

Some interviews went out immediately after second round. I got told the following morning.
Original post by SIE2013
No News of New Court & 4 Brick Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing from either one.

Starting to wonder if sets will withdraw their offers of pupillage in the wake of the current economic disaster...
For those with first round interviews at Matrix, did anyone think to ask when we would hear about second rounds? I completely forgot!
Original post by 1stTimer
Nothing from either one.

Starting to wonder if sets will withdraw their offers of pupillage in the wake of the current economic disaster...

Family sets should be safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2267
Original post by hsthomas1
Some interviews went out immediately after second round. I got told the following morning.

You mean after first round?? I had my first round yesterday evening & my gateway hasn't changed yet :frown:
Original post by Ifoughtthelaw
Last year my Red Lion app stayed as "Under Consideration" throughout the process, however I received a first round interview.

As we all know, history doesn't count for much in many of these scenarios, so not trying to get any hopes up unnecessarily! Just thought this may be of interest.

Further to this, Red Lion 1st rounds now out
Anyone heard anything from Monckton yet? Or in light of what's happened, are they not taking any pupils?
Original post by Hannii
You mean after first round?? I had my first round yesterday evening & my gateway hasn't changed yet :frown:

Sorry yes I mean first round. I imagine they're still considering don't worry!

Mine is still under consideration 😭

Email/gateway change or both? :smile:
Reply 2273
Original post by hsthomas1
Sorry yes I mean first round. I imagine they're still considering don't worry!

So my gateway for 2HC says "first interview - slots available to book" but I've already mine yesterday. 😭😭
Original post by Hannii
So my gateway for 2HC says "first interview - slots available to book" but I've already mine yesterday. 😭😭

My GW did that for a different set as well. I think it's just a glitch!
Reply 2275
St Philips post pre-selection invites out by email.
Has anyone else heard from Linenhall?
Original post by 901dL
St Philips post pre-selection invites out by email.

Personalised or generic? Has anyone heard anything negative yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone remember to ask Devereux how long it would take for us to hear after 1st rounds?
Can someone please update me on red lion lol. My app still says under consideration. Are others in this position?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending