The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Gcse help!!

I have got an A on Italian, that I did which was an early GCSE, Teacher told me it counts as a GCSE Grade. Then I did this OCR ICT thing and I've got a Distinction* on that, which again teacher said that counts as a GCSE grade. Then I did early IGCSE for language and I got a C for that. So that's already 3 GCSE's right? so I would need 2 more GCSE grades to pass my GCSE? Isn't 5 GCSE grades to pass the whole GCSE?
Original post by jjj99
I have got an A on Italian, that I did which was an early GCSE, Teacher told me it counts as a GCSE Grade. Then I did this OCR ICT thing and I've got a Distinction* on that, which again teacher said that counts as a GCSE grade. Then I did early IGCSE for language and I got a C for that. So that's already 3 GCSE's right? so I would need 2 more GCSE grades to pass my GCSE? Isn't 5 GCSE grades to pass the whole GCSE?

Hi jjj99,

Thank you for your question :h:. GCSEs are equivalent to secondary school/high school education. 1 subject qualification is equal to 1 GCSE.

For most of the degree programmes at Greenwich, you'll need to have a minimum of 5 GCSEs including GCSE English Language and Maths at C grade or above.

Could you tell me a little more about the subject area that you're interested in studying? I can try and give you more information about entry requirements which I hope will help!

Have a good day :smile:

Poppy
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
hello
Reply 3
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Hi jjj99,

Thank you for your question :h:. GCSEs are equivalent to secondary school/high school education. 1 subject qualification is equal to 1 GCSE.

For most of the degree programmes at Greenwich, you'll need to have a minimum of 5 GCSEs including GCSE English Language and Maths at C grade or above.

Could you tell me a little more about the subject area that you're interested in studying? I can try and give you more information about entry requirements which I hope will help!

Have a good day :smile:

Poppy

Hello i would like to ask does anyone know if i can get unto Greenwich uni with Level 2 English and functional level 3 math. English is not my first language but i worked my hardest to get my level 2 and i suck altogether in math. I got a offer from Greenwich to study art modeling and animation but i was told i conditional offer would be level 2 English and math. i only have English level 2 math entry level 3 B in art and Merit in digital media functional Btec Help!.
Original post by wole2016
Hello i would like to ask does anyone know if i can get unto Greenwich uni with Level 2 English and functional level 3 math. English is not my first language but i worked my hardest to get my level 2 and i suck altogether in math. I got a offer from Greenwich to study art modeling and animation but i was told i conditional offer would be level 2 English and math. i only have English level 2 math entry level 3 B in art and Merit in digital media functional Btec Help!.

Hi wole2016 :smile:

I just wanted to double check, are you looking to study the 3D Digital Design and Animation programme we offer?

You need to meet the conditions stated on your offer to gain the place at the University. If your offer states that you need to achieve level 2 functional skills in English and Mathematics, you'll need to get these. There may be exceptional circumstances where the University is able to offer somebody a place on a programme without having met their conditions for level 2 or GCSE. However, this is unlikely.

Until you know your grades try not to panic too much. I know this is easier said than done, but we can help you as much as possible.

I hope this helps! Feel free to shout if you have any other queries :h:

Poppy
Reply 5
Hi wole2016 :smile:

I just wanted to double check, are you looking to study the 3D Digital Design and Animation programme we offer?

You need to meet the conditions stated on your offer to gain the place at the University. If your offer states that you need to achieve level 2 functional skills in English and Mathematics, you'll need to get these. There may be exceptional circumstances where the University is able to offer somebody a place on a programme without having met their conditions for level 2 or GCSE. However, this is unlikely.

Until you know your grades try not to panic too much. I know this is easier said than done, but we can help you as much as possible.

I hope this helps! Feel free to shout if you have any other queries :h:

Poppy

Hello Thank for quick replies, correct i will like to study animation, but also i fear i would not be able t meet my level 2 math. Math is not my strong point i only have entry level math but not level 2. i am panicking
Hello Thank for quick replies, correct i will like to study animation, but also i fear i would not be able t meet my level 2 math. Math is not my strong point i only have entry level math but not level 2. i am panicking

That's no problem, we're happy to help :h:.

If you are in the process of completing your level 2 maths, you might find the BBC Bitesize revision pages useful, these can help to break things down and make them more simple: http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/levels/z98jmp3

Are you studying for your functional skills at a college? If so, I'd try and have a chat with one of your tutors or even a careers adviser if your college has one. They can also support and advise you.

Let us know if you have any other questions :smile:

Poppy
Reply 7

If you are in the process of completing your level 2 maths, you might find the BBC Bitesize revision pages useful, these can help to break things down and make them more simple: http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/levels/z98jmp3

Are you studying for your functional skills at a college? If so, I'd try and have a chat with one of your tutors or even a careers adviser if your college has one. They can also support and advise you.

Poppy

Yes currently i am working toward my level 2 math at college.
Reply 8

Poppy

I will really want go university i was not born in this country, I attended college start of 2013, I do want to go uni but i can get my math level 2 i need help.
I will really want go university i was not born in this country, I attended college start of 2013, I do want to go uni but i can get my math level 2 i need help.

As you're working towards your level 2 maths, that's already a great start! If you would like to talk more about this you can always private message us.

Poppy
Reply 10
As you're working towards your level 2 maths, that's already a great start! If you would like to talk more about this you can always private message us.

Poppy

Yes i am currently working on my math level 2 and i have sent greenwich an email but still no respond how can i private message you. I need help as i have uni in my mind this September
Yes i am currently working on my math level 2 and i have sent greenwich an email but still no respond how can i private message you. I need help as i have uni in my mind this September

You can private message us using the little envelope icon at the top of the screen, next to to where it says 'ask a question.' We can then track this email down for you too.

Poppy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending