The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by justthatboy
Looooolllllll

Don't lol at me cause i got excited in the exam and started writing bare shiii down xD
Original post by physicsmaths
LOL. you are hilarious. yeh, i know Uni maths is not like edexcel modules....

I feel like he thinks STEP is like A-level modules, lol. That guy is such a little brat lol, thinking he is good because of taking a few courses which are taken in every uni. I bet he doesn't even know that some STEP questions are even more difficult than Tripos questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1042
Original post by Euclidean
Nice exam, same with S2. Hoping for 2 100s :biggrin:

Only thing is the line (r-a) x d = 0, my vector a was dirty so I hope the edexcel examiners actually take the time to mark it properly and not just flip over it because they can't be arsed...

I've seen your writing. Your dirty is probably my tidiest work. :lol:
Can anyone remeber the breakdown of marks in the vectors question?
for the question about the normal to the ellipse part b i found the value of and the equation of the directrix, but i wasnt getting root2 I kept getting something like 25/3 - 32root7, and while proving the d/dx of arcoth x , i said y= arcothx x=cothy then said dx/dy = cosech^x , cosech^x = 1- coth^x therfore dy/dx is 1/1-x^2 is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For A* in further maths we need at least 90 in 3 and at least 80 in the other three right? Or is it just total 510/600 UMS regardless of how you score in individual modules for A*?
Original post by Jbedf
How many marks for final part of last question?

6marks
Original post by waqasabbasi
For A* in further maths we need at least 90 in 3 and at least 80 in the other three right? Or is it just total 510/600 UMS regardless of how you score in individual modules for A*?

480/600 in total, with 270/300 in three A2 modules, so if you met the borderline in your 3A2 subjects you'd need 70UMS in each of your other exams.
Original post by yuweizheng
How many marks does question 2 worth?

Question 2 was a 7mark integral question to find arc length... That was the one question I couldn't get
Reply 1048
is someone making a mark scheme?
Have we got an unofficial MS yet? If so Ayman, might be a good idea to stick it on your OP so people see it
Can anyone remember the equations of the planes in Q8? I just wanna check whether my vectors a and b are correct but I cant exactly remember those redoing the Q might jog my memory haha
Original post by Shrek1234
Which one was question 3

The third question
Original post by Gunawardana
Can anyone remember the equations of the planes in Q8? I just wanna check whether my vectors a and b are correct but I cant exactly remember those redoing the Q might jog my memory haha

I remember having something like 0 8/11 1/11 or something along those lines for A

Deffo over 11 which I never took out

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Reply 1053
what were the two equations for the planes in the last question please?
Original post by CALI1198
I remember having something like 0 8/11 1/11 or something along those lines for A

Deffo over 11 which I never took out

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I remember having -11,1,-8 for my direction i think and judging by the comments it looks right but I am not sure about the vector a and so I am looking for the equations of the planes given in the question
Original post by Datta10
Can anyone remeber the breakdown of marks in the vectors question?
for the question about the normal to the ellipse part b i found the value of and the equation of the directrix, but i wasnt getting root2 I kept getting something like 25/3 - 32root7, and while proving the d/dx of arcoth x , i said y= arcothx x=cothy then said dx/dy = cosech^x , cosech^x = 1- coth^x therfore dy/dx is 1/1-x^2 is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did what you did for the proof but dx/dy would be -cosech^2 x and u work with that to get the proof and cosech^2 x doesn't equal 1-coth^2 x it equals coth^2 x -1 so u have to flip sign for all and you get the proof
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MarocMan
I did what you did for the proof but dx/dy would be -cosech^2 x and u work with that to get the proof

The question was out of 3 would we get at least one mark do you think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inges
For the Diagonal matrix. Did anyone find it was wayyy to long for a 3 marker?

I hope you didn't do all the PtMP matrix multiplication ???
Original post by ninjass
easy paper i thought

1) k=3, -2
2) 5/8 + ln 1.5)
3) a was show that and b was k=2
4) pi/3, part b was show that and c was 2/3arctan(e^x/3)?
5) a was a shw that and b was 25/3 - 32/15root 3
6) eigonvalue was 9 p=7 q=5 the eigonvector was (2,1,-2) forgot p and D lol
7) a may casue problems part b was 1/12(pi +6 root 3-6)
8) a was a show tht, forgot b (lol) and c was point (11/8, -13/40, 0) and direction vector was (11/8, -1/8, 1)

Who agrees??

I think itll be 68 for an A*

Full ums will probably be 75/75
Original post by target21859
67/75 in ums?

I'd say between 85 and 90. This exam was significantly easier than previous ones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending