The Student Room Group

gcse statistics 27th June, how did you find it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hadleigh2k11
You got 91.6% ?
And also the question about histogram a and the first 21 people , what did you get? I got 110 but i don't think it's right

I got 91.6 too :smile:
Reply 101
You probably interpreted x^2 as (the total of x)^2 rather than the correct interpretation as (x^2 + x^2 + x^2 + x^2 etc.). I made this mistake at first but then realized where I went wrong after 10 minutes attempting to solve the issue 😆
I got 94.9% I think For the normal distribution Q and I rounded it up to 95% and wrote that it could be modelled by normal distribution :s-smilie:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4189331&p=66143791#post66143791
I've tried to create an unofficial mark scheme
Can people try to help please
Reply 104
Original post by ihatehannah
I think it was alright, grade boundaries should be between 76-78 I think.

Why between 76-78?
What did you get for the seasonal variation one or something, last part? 2300 million? The test was harder than the other ones that's for sure, I messed up quite a bit YET AGAIN! I got 133.3 for the gradient but idk if i did well anymore in any of my exams. My confidence is so low man!
Original post by XherdanXhaka
What did you get for the seasonal variation one or something, last part? 2300 million? The test was harder than the other ones that's for sure, I messed up quite a bit YET AGAIN! I got 133.3 for the gradient but idk if i did well anymore in any of my exams. My confidence is so low man!

I got 5433.4
I got 5433.4

i got like 5300 at first, but isn't it the actual - predicted line for all quarter 1,s then add that on?
Original post by XherdanXhaka
i got like 5300 at first, but isn't it the actual - predicted line for all quarter 1,s then add that on?

You do seasonal variation for the 3 quarter 1's add them up and divide by 3 and add it on
The seasonal variation was - something and then add it on
You do seasonal variation for the 3 quarter 1's add them up and divide by 3 and add it on
The seasonal variation was - something and then add it on

weren't the answers like all - numbers since trend line was above actual line?
Original post by ddriji
Why between 76-78?

What do you think it should be ?
Grade boundaries ?
I think an A* would be 70 ish
Anyone do AQA Statistics here?
Question about the comparative pie charts:

a) were u supposed to use the percentage data or the normal one?
hey guys what did u get 4 the question about standard deviation - one b4 the last page i think
No, its secondary because the hospital collected the data, and the company asked the hospital for the data
Original post by Amyamy-123
hey guys what did u get 4 the questi.on about standard deviation - one b4 the last page i think

I got 0.38 rounded to 0.4 for 1sf.
For the gradient I got the value 1633 (with decimals).
What did you all get for the option question, where option 1 was IQR and Median, and Option 2 was standard deviation and mean?!
DID everybody take this test in yr 10?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending