The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cancelled trip to come back to the UK this summer..

Going to be my longest stay away by the time I visit around christmas - 11.5 months.

Want some english food already! not to mention a pint of non-**** bear/cider

But most of all, I want some normal bread. just bread, the most basic thing - but bread over here sucks balls

And bacon - chinese bacon is to processed. Actually saussages too, - a full english breakfast, that would be nice.

Chips with curry sauce, proper pizza, pasta... muller ****ing corners.
(edited 7 years ago)
Tfw you come in to work on a Friday and there's no power on the computers.

Should be a productive day...
Reply 6242
Been working Sunday-Thursday this week and I'm so shattered. Going to sit back and chill.
My degree weighting sucks ass, annoying that I can bang this year and its only worth 20%. Not sure whether I should just coast myself to a 2.1 next year cos I have decent exp. and can interview decently and thats all they gonna ask for and just enjoy my last year of legit freedom or just **** it and go for the first again.

Probs not an attitude to be happy with but i dont wanna look back on uni and just remember the inside of a library fam.
Reply 6244
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
My degree weighting sucks ass, annoying that I can bang this year and its only worth 20%. Not sure whether I should just coast myself to a 2.1 next year cos I have decent exp. and can interview decently and thats all they gonna ask for and just enjoy my last year of legit freedom or just **** it and go for the first again.

Probs not an attitude to be happy with but i dont wanna look back on uni and just remember the inside of a library fam.

Try get something sorted out if you are going to try the coasting to a 2:1 thing. Having a 1st isn't going to significantly advantage you in the job market over a 2:1 anyway unless you have experience.
"The older generation have robbed us of our future in Europe"

Funny how people seem completely unaware of what they did for us 100 years ago.
Original post by SentryE3D

And what would that be? Most would not have been born yet or just infants at best..
Original post by Zerforax
And what would that be? Most would not have been born yet or just infants at best..

Im not saying the older generation that voted in the referendum were around back then, that's ridiculous. Just that people are so quick to criticise the older generation, they're forgetting that without our older generations there wouldn't be a Europe to even vote out of
Im not saying the older generation that voted in the referendum were around back then, that's ridiculous. Just that people are so quick to criticise the older generation, they're forgetting that without our older generations there wouldn't be a Europe to even vote out of

Perhaps "previous generations" would've been more accurate.

Also who's to know what the future would've looked like had circumstances been different.
Perhaps "previous generations" would've been more accurate.

Definitely would've
Original post by Lúcio
Tfw you come in to work on a Friday and there's no power on the computers.

Should be a productive day...

****-all Friday will always be ****-all Friday tbh
Reply 6251
Original post by Kenan and Kel
****-all Friday will always be ****-all Friday tbh

Not if you work in Fabric
Original post by SA-1
Not if you work in Fabric

mate have you seen the bouncers there?

no ****s given.

Yeah this. So many people saying "blah blah they fought in the war for us" (brb must be over 100 then) despite baby-boomers being one of the laziest and selfish generations in recent memory.

So, Fox for PM then?
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Yeah this. So many people saying "blah blah they fought in the war for us" (brb must be over 100 then) despite baby-boomers being one of the laziest and selfish generations in recent memory.

So, Fox for PM then?

Would you do what the the boys did 100 years ago?

Not a dig, it's a serious question
Reply 6255
They helped secure our future only to throw it back into our faces.
Strong.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Try get something sorted out if you are going to try the coasting to a 2:1 thing. Having a 1st isn't going to significantly advantage you in the job market over a 2:1 anyway unless you have experience.

Yeah figured that tbh, would rather get more involved in societies than spend the time getting a first.

Original post by swirly
mate have you seen the bouncers there?

no ****s given.

one of the bouncers there has no chill, told me he voted in so he doesnt lose his supply of romanian prostitutes that gets him through his shift. :lol:

Would you do what the the boys did 100 years ago?Not a dig, it's a serious question
Probably would have been forced to
Dustin Brown is easily the most entertaining player to watch, the Dwayne Johnson on tennis tbh.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Been working Sunday-Thursday this week and I'm so shattered. Going to sit back and chill.

@Dirtybit Do you believe him?

If I was faced with the choice between jail or going to war, I'd choose jail every time.

Not sure what decision I'd make between death or going to war, would like to think I'd choose death, but you don't know until it becomes real.
Would you do what the the boys did 100 years ago?

Not a dig, it's a serious question

It's hard to say. I can't say I know much about WWI (Ferdinand or w/e got shot my year 9 History tells me). WWII was a justified cause you could say, so i'd probably be more inclined to say yes to that. As the others have said not sure if you'd even get a choice, but I don't think i'm soldier material anyway, the thought of ending someone's life, especially when said person has done nothing to me as was the case in the World War's is repulsive. I definitely couldn't fight in a modern war though.

I do respect the hell out of those who fought in the wars (not to be THAT guy, but my Grandad fought in WWII, and nobody really cares about the thousands of Sikhs and Muslims who did). But the current elderly (that is to say those in their 60's and 70's) didn't fight in the wars, and enjoyed the exponential growth of civilisation, and now have condemned us as a generation by voting out.

Latest