The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Don't be too disheartened by numbers. I made 11 applications (7 gw, 4 non-gw) I'm still waiting on 2 and have had 3 interviews. 1 of which was a one round only and i have had 2 invites to second rounds.

For me, because I have a 2:1 and not the greatest a levels (abb) I knew getting to interview was going to be the most difficult part. But I have done a lot of pro bono and mooting and still had lots to talk about at interview. Know your strengths and keep going!
Has anyone heard back from 2 Bedford Row post first round?

I think I remember someone saying they had a first round with them as late as July 6th, so I don't expect to hear just yet, but I thought I'd check as mine was a week ago :smile:.
Original post by Best guppy
ISTR from this forum that 4 Stone Buildings were inviting candidates to first round by telephone late last week. My Gateway hasn't changed.
Posted from TSR Mobile

From searching, I can't see anyone mentioning 4SB interviews on here.
@Radebe91

It's a bit disjointed, but it starts with gcafc about 3pm on 30 June.

Last year 4SB were out of the Gateway, and I had to call up to find out that I'd not been successful, otherwise it might have been an RBS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone on here had an interview with Cobden House before? Unsure what to expect...
15nbs invites out via e-mail.
Hi guys! This is a long shot but is anyone with a St Ives interview on the 12th willing to swap for an interview on the 9th as I have a clash? If so PM me, I would be beyond grateful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LawMe
I noticed that too, I looked on their website the day the ad went up on GW so I thought they were just being a bit disorganised and hadn't put it up yet. I can't remember which set but that happened on another one I applied for where the ad went up on gateway but the application form didn't appear until a little while after!

You are correct with them being disorganised. I applied last July and didn't get a response until early 2016, with my interview I recall in March 2016.
Original post by Best guppy
@Radebe91

It's a bit disjointed, but it starts with gcafc about 3pm on 30 June.

Last year 4SB were out of the Gateway, and I had to call up to find out that I'd not been successful, otherwise it might have been an RBS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see. I will assume that's a rejection for me then.

Leaves 3 to wait on for offer day. Fingers crossed.
Apologies if this has already been asked but has anyone heard from Fourteen?
30PP yet anyone?
Reply 2651
Anyone have any experience of first rounds at Kenworthy's? There's no guidance at all in the email as to how long or what is expected. Any info would be really appreciated!
Original post by lawgirl34
Apologies if this has already been asked but has anyone heard from Fourteen?

Apparently last year they didn't announce first round interviews until 9th July.
Anyone heard from 1 PC? Or is another silent rejection..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I didn't get a silent rejection last year when I got rejected!
Original post by Boomerang-Pup
30PP yet anyone?

No nothing yet
Original post by danbar
Anyone heard from 1 PC? Or is another silent rejection..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean 1 Pump Court? If so, someone said this morning that they had been offered a first round interview. No one else has said that they also have been offered a first round interview. And no one seems to have been rejected.
Original post by RumpoleoftheTBC
Do you mean 1 Pump Court? If so, someone said this morning that they had been offered a first round interview. No one else has said that they also have been offered a first round interview. And no one seems to have been rejected.

I got first round from 1PC via email yesterday.*
Has anyone heard from Charter for the 2016 (outside GW) or 2017 (on the GW) pupillage? They are the only place I have not heard from and my GW still says 'applied'.
Off-topic. For those doing the BPTC this year at ULaw you can save 5% on your fees if you pay by 1st August. That's a decent saving given how expensive the course is!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending