The Student Room Group

University of London Halls: The Garden Halls 2016-17

Hi all, I just thought I'd start a thread for all those who have applied/ are thinking of applying to the newly built Garden Halls in Bloomsbury for the academic year 2016-17! :smile:
Reply 1
I have been offered an en-suite catered room but ideally would like to swap with someone who has a standard superior self-catered room. If anyone is interested, please message me!
i don't think my student loan will cover it...LOL

(i refuse to share bathrooms)
Reply 3
Ahh fair enough, they are quite pricey. But I'm pretty sure the shared bathrooms are just one between two rooms :smile:
true, true... what UoL uni are you looking to study at?
Reply 5
Original post by minjinoor
true, true... what UoL uni are you looking to study at?

Going to be studying at LSE. Its 15 mins walk alway and considering how lazy I am its pretty ideal haa
Original post by suleb001
Going to be studying at LSE. Its 15 mins walk alway and considering how lazy I am its pretty ideal haa

omg what course????
Reply 7
Original post by minjinoor
omg what course????

MSc Management, Organisations and Governance :biggrin: Will you be studying there too?
Original post by suleb001
MSc Management, Organisations and Governance :biggrin: Will you be studying there too?

I'll hopefully be doing BSc Economics w/ Economic History (not sure if I've met my offer :colondollar:)

btw - do you plan to work in Management afterwards? and where did you do your bachelors degree? if not at LSE, how was it, getting accepted for a masters there?
Reply 9
I've been offered a catered en suite room and I'll be studying at UCL, love how close it is to the uni.
Reply 10
Hi i have a single ensuite room at frances gardner house which is self catered. I was wondering if you are still up for a switch? The rooms at frances gardner are quite big!
Reply 11
I don't suppose any postgrads can tell me what the Garden Halls are like? I don't want anywhere *too* noisy or messy!
Hi ! I'm a prospective student to UCL and I'm thinking of applying to Gardens Hall for 2017-2018 but what worries me is the possibility to get to know everyone and make friends in this huge intercollegiate hall. Is it a friendly hall ? Do you get to know/befriend people even if there are so many and your schedules do not necessarily correspond ?

What about social events? How many are there in a month ? What sort of social events are they ?
Reply 13
Original post by RoseAndMountain
Hi ! I'm a prospective student to UCL and I'm thinking of applying to Gardens Hall for 2017-2018 but what worries me is the possibility to get to know everyone and make friends in this huge intercollegiate hall. Is it a friendly hall ? Do you get to know/befriend people even if there are so many and your schedules do not necessarily correspond ?

What about social events? How many are there in a month ? What sort of social events are they ?

same here, have you applied yet?
Original post by dh1998
same here, have you applied yet?

Yes, I eventually applied for College Hall, as it is just next to UCL (approximately 6 minutes walk away) and it's smaller (around 350 people) so hopefully more friendly :x
Reply 15
Anyone got offers for GH? Might be of interest to me.
Hi I have just received an offer for Garden Hall (Sept, 2017), will be studying at UCL. I wanted self-catering and so received a Townhouse single. Does anyone have any info about how the townhouse rooms are? And among how many people is the kitchen shared, I heard 18, isn't that a lot?Any info on the amenities of the hall is appreciated.
Original post by Dhriti Ratra
Hi I have just received an offer for Garden Hall (Sept, 2017), will be studying at UCL. I wanted self-catering and so received a Townhouse single. Does anyone have any info about how the townhouse rooms are? And among how many people is the kitchen shared, I heard 18, isn't that a lot?Any info on the amenities of the hall is appreciated.

Hey I'm about to start at KCl and I've also been offered a townhouse single! I was told u share the kitchen with about 17-8 people too, but its meant to be a big kitchen (3 hobs, lots of surface space etc.) so hopefully it won't get too busy :s I've heard the rooms arent that big though, plus you share a bathroom with another person (4 people per floor plus 2 bathrooms) but i think the bathroom gets cleaned every week so maybe that makes up for it lol. What course are u gonna start??
Hey everyone,

If anyone has any rooms available please pm me. Am looking for accommodation in London, doesn't have to be en-suite.

Thanks
Hi, I saw your response and send you a message. If you still interested, please PM me.
Type : Studio(Self-catered)
Cost : Approximately £263.55 per week
Contract : 50weeks
It will be available from October

Original post by singismund
Hey everyone,

If anyone has any rooms available please pm me. Am looking for accommodation in London, doesn't have to be en-suite.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending