The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

I have seen that someone has been offered an interview for Kenworthys. Has anyone received a rejection? Or can I assume it is rejection by silence?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lawatoxbridge
I've just got the unsuccessful, hope you have had better luck than me!

Also for anyone who has applied, 4 Brick Court emailed me today to ask for my BPTC results ASAP (due to the glitch in the system), so I imagine they are currently making decisions and we should (fingers crossed!) let us know soon.

Ah. They haven't emailed me re BPTC. I think I can safely assume I'm in the 'no' pile!
Is there a worse feeling in the world than the crushing heartbreak and self-loathing that results from a bad pupillage interview?*

(*Obvious hyperbole)
Has anyone heard back from Temple Garden post 1st round?
Original post by 1stTimer
Is there a worse feeling in the world than the crushing heartbreak and self-loathing that results from a bad pupillage interview?*

(*Obvious hyperbole)

I just had one of those. And whilst i know it is a 'no' to the second round i continue to refresh my email every 30 seconds in the slim hope a blabbering mess is exactly what they were looking for.
Original post by scavo86
Bumpety bump - anyone have any info on response time/date for Atlantic First Round?!

I know they are doing another batch the week of the 18th July and I'm not sure how they are dividing it so could be an odd one sadly. How did you find your interview?
Original post by lawstudent40
Has anyone heard back from Temple Garden post 1st round?

Not here. Did anyone ask them when they'd get back to us?
I haven't heard: I asked in interview when we could expect to hear and all I was told was "soon"...
Original post by Bob boblaw
I just had one of those. And whilst i know it is a 'no' to the second round i continue to refresh my email every 30 seconds in the slim hope a blabbering mess is exactly what they were looking for.

Thank you Bob boblaw! It's always nice to know one isn't alone. *internet hug*. I'm refreshing my emails for the opposite reason - I'm desperate to be put out of my misery! They don't need to wait another 23 days to send me the inevitable rejection. There's nothing like being savage by someone who's 20yrs call to make you feel like retiring and becoming a florist.
Original post by scavo86
Did Atlantic give anyone an indication as to when we might hear about the outcome of the First Round?

No, I'm also still waiting has anyone else heard?
Atlantic is only one round so I'm not sure anyone will hear until the 1st
Original post by applemore
Not here. Did anyone ask them when they'd get back to us?

I think I was told that we would hear back next week (i.e. this week)
Atlantic are having another batch next week and the week after and if they are only doing one round then I would guess it will be 1st of August or there about. How did everyone find the interview? Seems like they have interviewed a fair few of us
Thank you Bob boblaw! It's always nice to know one isn't alone. *internet hug*. I'm refreshing my emails for the opposite reason - I'm desperate to be put out of my misery! They don't need to wait another 23 days to send me the inevitable rejection. There's nothing like being savage by someone who's 20yrs call to make you feel like retiring and becoming a florist.

I have had exactly the same feeling already this year but I have to say this is by far the best description of the emotional torment I have seen! Retiring and becoming a florist actually sounds great right about now!
Original post by Gettothebar
Atlantic are having another batch next week and the week after and if they are only doing one round then I would guess it will be 1st of August or there about. How did everyone find the interview? Seems like they have interviewed a fair few of us

I have a feeling I fluffed the legal question but everything else I felt ok with. Probably didn't tie my answers to general questions back to my career as much as I should have... how about you
Any news from 2 Harcourt Buildings?
Original post by acjw015
Any news from 2 Harcourt Buildings?

Nope!
GW changed to 'unsuccessful' for 1 Pump Court. No email yet. Expected, yet still disappointing...
GW changed to 'unsuccessful' for 1 Pump Court. No email yet. Expected, yet still disappointing...

Same :frown: I always hang on to the "batch theory" for too long.

Does anyone know what sort of turnaround there usually is between finishing first rounds and giving out second rounds? I know 2BR finished first rounds last night and I cannot stop refreshing my email!
Original post by thelawwon
Same :frown: I always hang on to the "batch theory" for too long.

Does anyone know what sort of turnaround there usually is between finishing first rounds and giving out second rounds? I know 2BR finished first rounds last night and I cannot stop refreshing my email!

It varies a lot, but in my experience about 1 - 2 days after finishing 1st rounds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending