The Student Room Group

Portion of eggs ones free range ones from caged hens..

Can you honestly tell me you could tell the difference by tasting both? Anyone who says yes is a liar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AsapRocky
Can you honestly tell me you could tell the difference by tasting both? Anyone who says yes is a liar.

We keep hens, free range. The colour and taste of the yolk is completely different to the tasteless shop bought ones I've tried before. :yucky:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
We keep hens, free range. The colour and taste of the yolk is completely different to the tasteless shop bought ones I've tried before. :yucky:

Can confirm

Spoiler

Original post by AngryJellyfish

Honestly, this is so true. My aunt keeps hens free range and we get our eggs from her. They're so, so much better than the shop-bought unethical ones. The yolks are also completely different. :proud:
I read that free range hens eat a lot of insects(which are highly nutritious) when they're roaming around so they in turn produce more nutritious eggs compared to caged hens.

Kind of makes sense IMO.
Reply 5
Original post by ForestShadow
Can confirm

Spoiler

Im not talking appearance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prefer free range eggs
They taste better than caged

They taste more eggified
@CheeseIsVeg
I have cheese in my omelettes
:ahee:
Original post by AppleB
@CheeseIsVeg
I have cheese in my omelettes
:ahee:

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't buy free range because they taste different from battery hen eggs. I buy free range because I care that the chickens haven't been kept in terrible conditions.
Original post by AppleB

Spoiler

:eek: how u no eat mushrooms in ur omlette?u crazi??!?!??!

Spoiler

:eek: how u no eat mushrooms in ur omlette?u crazi??!?!??!

Spoiler

LOOL
Just never had the idea to add mushrooms

Bacon??
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyrvMuNPJ-Y
Watch that ^^

Nice...

What do you put in the salad? Olives?
Reply 13
Original post by Platopus
I don't buy free range because they taste different from battery hen eggs. I buy free range because I care that the chickens haven't been kept in terrible conditions.

Lol dont make me laugh, I may as well save you some money; you buying FR eggs will not stop the production of eggs from caged hens so you may as well fill your boots

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AppleB
LOOL
Just never had the idea to add mushrooms
Bacon??
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyrvMuNPJ-Y
Watch that ^^

Nice...
What do you put in the salad? Olives?

:rofl: still dont understand, mushrooms = la vie :u:

Spoiler

Reply 15
Lol dont make me laugh, I may as well save you some money; you buying FR eggs will not stop the production of eggs from caged hens so you may as well fill your boots

Posted from TSR Mobile

It nearly did, but regrettably caged production recovered a bit, but it is on a longterm downward trend:

(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe not, but I like to think I'm not actively contributing.
The yolk in a free range egg has a stronger flavour.
Im not talking appearance

Surely the difference in colour would suggest a difference in chemical makeup, which would effect taste?
:rofl: still dont understand, mushrooms = la vie :u:

Spoiler

LOOL
lol ok
I'm not vegetarian myself :colondollar:
But I don't eat cows or pigs

Chicken is the best!
Love chicken!!

LMFAOO

Sad times for you matey.

Quick Reply