The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
I thought this was an accident at first :frown: attacks on the West are becoming scarily frequent. And yes I know there are a lot of attacks in the East and many more people die and my life isn't objectively more important than theirs. But it does scare you when it happens close to home and I am worried about an imminent attack in the UK :frown: especially with how unstable we are
Original post by Pulse.
That's incredible. How on earth is that comparable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it isn't that incredible.

If that is hard to believe then take Brevik instead.
It's ok guys lets all just change our Facebook profile pictures to the French flag, let's post RIP messages on Twitter and say how heartbroken we are because the worlds so full of evil, let's organise some candle lit vigils and hold some peace rally's with massive love signs on and blame the real enemies (the likes of Nigel Farage for increasing the hate if it wasn't for him and people like him this wouldn't have happened).

Then in two weeks time lets completely forget about it and make sure that no one dares question why this happened.

Then another terror attack will happens and we can repeat the process.*
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
Not saying that but if you want to ignore the thousands that are (or at least sympathisers) then you are partly to blame for these attacks.

Original post by TercioOfParma
The terroism isn't even the biggest problem.

This is a map of the sex crimes caused by migrants in germany alone this year.

http://pamelageller.com/2016/05/interactive-map-of-muslim-migrant-crime-in-germany.html/

Obviously not all do it, but obviously a significant amount do do it.

I personally think blaming migrants for terrorism (in this instance) is giving exactly what those who may have perpetrated the attacks want - which is division.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
1. I am glad the horrific mangled corpses were captured and shared widely on social media and is garnering so much discussion about whether they should or shouldnt be shared. It is far far more powerful and reliable to see reality for what it is than a headline and numbers and narrative given to us by media. I understand the argument against and how awful it would be for a family member to see a loved one in such a horrific way but i really do feel this is far outweighed

2. France is desperately wondering how to put the genie back in the bottle, ironically whilst Germany and Europe has just exploded the cork of their own bottle (2.16 million migrants to Germany in the last year) . Should be a very very interesting next 30 years for them and Europe and by interesting i mean perpetual terrorist savagery with doses of sectarian conflict

3. Shove your virtue signalling empty #PrayforNice hashtags and such into your darkest orfices. Its pathetic claiming to care and support these victims when you spend the other 364 days of the year defending Islam and silencing those who speak against it.

Bravo, brilliant post, could not have said it better myself
Original post by Deyesy
I personally think blaming migrants for terrorism (in this instance) is giving exactly what those who may have perpetrated the attacks want - which is division.

How do you know what they want? These are the people who literally believe they can reconquer the whole of the old rashidun caliphate lands by 2025.
Original post by Deyesy

And I personally believe those that don't admit there is a problem from mass uncontrolled immigration especially from high risks zones are extremely ignorant and are contributing to these attacks.

Clearly don't discriminate those that are already here but make sure you only let in a sensible number and you properly check everyone of them. Common sense and that has nothing to do with division!
Reply 267
Original post by Shabalala
It's ok guys lets all just change our Facebook profile pictures to the French flag, let's post RIP messages on Twitter and say how heartbroken we are because the worlds so full of evil, let's organise some candle lit vigils and hold some peace rally's with massive love signs on and blame the real enemies (the likes of Nigel Farage for increasing the hate if it wasn't for him and people like him this wouldn't have happened).

Then in two weeks time lets completely forget about it and make sure that no one dares question why this happened.

Then another terror attack will happens and we can repeat the process.*

What else are ordinary people supposed to do...? Do you have something big planned that we aren't aware of?
Think he's highlighting those that seem to want to open the borders and let in millions upon millions of 'refugees' which will contain thousands of terrorists. The type of people who silence the truth and wish to not highlight the issues mass uncontrolled immigration from areas of the world with conflicting principles causes. These people are predominantly leftist btw, no denying it!

although that may be an issue in some respects, i woundt say the problem of attroicities like this can so simplistically be pinned to 'mass immigration' remember that other such attacks in france were undertaken by french nationals, not immigrants - they were influenced by a particular brand of ideology - one shared by home grown terrorist in other places . it is simplistic to try and pin this issue to 'race' or nationality, when the only common link to all these cases has been the radical form of ideology that permeates all these cases - one which has yet to be robustly tackled by that specific community, nor the rest of the world
Original post by DorianGrayism

With his case, I still blame leftists, as their policies drove him to snap, I think there could well be many more Breviks to come across Europe, where people snap in annoyance with leftist policies.
Original post by Reformed
although that may be an issue in some respects, i woundt say the problem of attroicities like this can so simplistically be pinned to 'mass immigration' remember that other such attacks in france were undertaken by french nationals, not immigrants - they were influenced by a particular brand of ideology - one shared by home grown terrorist in other places . it is simplistic to try and pin this issue to 'race' or nationality, when the only common link to all these cases has been the radical form of ideology that permeates all these cases - one which has yet to be robustly tackled by that specific community, nor the rest of the world

Didn't say that, there are a number of issues but one of them is mass uncontrolled immigration (much of which happened in the past and who have now become nationals or 1st generation) there is no denying that. I wish people would just admit the facts rather than selectively highlighting issues that suit their own warped agenda. There are many issues, including mass uncontrolled immigration!
And I personally believe those that don't admit there is a problem from mass uncontrolled immigration especially from high risks zones are extremely ignorant and are contributing to these attacks.

Clearly don't discriminate those that are already here but make sure you only let in a sensible number and you properly check everyone of them. Common sense and that has nothing to do with division!

Common sense would also suggest that not all migrants are either terrorists or are interested committing sex crimes and that infact, they bring alot to our cultures.

We shouldn't discriminate against a large group of people because of a tiny, tiny minority of migrants who do these awful, awful things :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
Common sense would also suggest that not all migrants are either terrorists or are interested committing sex crimes :smile:

Yep but some are, until we all admit there are a mixture of factors with many valid points on both sides we can never solve this crisis!
Original post by The_Opinion
With his case, I still blame leftists, as their policies drove him to snap, I think there could well be many more Breviks to come across Europe, where people snap in annoyance with leftist policies.

HAhahahahaa.

This is exactly why I say the only difference between Islamists and people on the "far" right is the place they were born. The mentality is exactly the same.

Blame blame blame blame.

Never want to take any responsibility for the backward ideology that they belong to.
Original post by political
BBC said there were videos that they could not show. Anyone got them?

They're on Twitter. The videos are so disgusting, I'm sure family and friends of the deceased wouldn't approve of such graphic content of their loved ones circling around on social media. That's not how they should be remembered :frown: I couldn't watch them, it's not nice. But if you watch the BBC news they might show censored videos which recall and report what happened and not victims bodies etc
(edited 7 years ago)

This attack, like others before it, is the result of letting in people from a completely disparate part of the world indiscriminately. Yet those on the left insist without fail that this isn't a problem at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This crisis is directly as a result of Western inaction in Syria.

If the West had done what was correct, which was to intervene in Syria and remove Assad 5 years ago, then there wouldn't be a migrant crisis and the terrorism threat wouldn't be as great.
Original post by Pulse.
This attack, like others before it, is the result of letting in people from a completely disparate part of the world indiscriminately. Yet those on the left insist without fail that this isn't a problem at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say it wasn't.

I campaigned for intervention in Syria a long time ago. That would have ended the refugee crisis.

Unfortunately, everyone is scrambling around trying to find a magical solution when there is only one. End the war.
This crisis is directly as a result of Western inaction in Syria.

If the West had done what was correct, which was to intervene in Syria and remove Assad 5 years ago, then there wouldn't be a migrant crisis and the terrorism threat wouldn't be as great.

lmfao
Original post by ubiquitousking
So.... Let me try and understand. Accommodating people largely needing relocation due to strains that link back to a war instigated by "The West" (or so it is referred); or otherwise accommodating people fleeing from the same terrorism (on a grander and frequent scale -- hence the numbers), should not have been done because a terrorist organisation claimed it would be sending in, amongst the refugees, members of their organisation? In all of the attacks that I have heard, the perpetrator(s) belong to the country which they attacked, ergo I'm not sure what the migrants have to do with the situation.

But let's just say that in this attack (with a currently unidentified perpetrator), was performed by a refugee, considering the fact that most of them are fleeing the exact same terrorism by terrorists who want them "back" (as if they were theirs) likely for slave labour and further indoctrination, how exactly is sending refugees an appropriate response? Or, at the start, how would denying them be an appropriate response?

I haven't really heard someone affiliated with "the left" calling for "open borders". I've usually heard someone from "the right" claiming that someone from "the left" wants "open borders".

Can you show me how the emboldened is true?

I agree that there have been issues surrounding the control of migrants into the EU, though. (For example, not being able to determine "who is who" even if not by their real name, just by something personally identifiable, similar to a ULN, for example, in the earlier stages to "soothe" the chaos -- please correct me if something like this was implemented.)

------
I can't see how this helps, prevents or even targets the "issue" that you all want to target.

If you can't see what's in front of you then you are a lost cause. Uncontrolled mass immigration causes problems, fact! Also go to any of these pro-migrant/refugee, pro-EU, left run demonstrations and you will find all the idiots supporting completely open borders. If you don't see this as part (not all) of the problem then yes you are partly responsible for these atrocities. You need to stop with all this aw but they are leaving the warzones of Greece and Italy (lol) so we must let them all in regardless of who they are, what they think or our own ability to cope and think with your head!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending