The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard from 3RB since the second rounds? Not sure if they still do an informal third round-there was something on an old thread about them. I have heard nothing and trying to cling on to some hope/albeit please put me out of my misery if you know of someone with the nod!!
Anyone heard from Queen Square Chambers post second round?
Reply 3002
Can I hijack this thread quickly whilst there are plenty of post-BPTC people about to ask a quick question...on a day to day basis during the BPTC is there a dress code? Can you wear jeans and a hoody or are you expected to turn up in a suit? Thanks!
Original post by SFLaw
Can I hijack this thread quickly whilst there are plenty of post-BPTC people about to ask a quick question...on a day to day basis during the BPTC is there a dress code? Can you wear jeans and a hoody or are you expected to turn up in a suit? Thanks!

There is a dress code for advocacy (court dress) but otherwise wear what you like - or at least that was the case for my provider.
Reply 3004
Original post by SFLaw

I do the course part time on weekends so my experiences may be different to others but I just wear whatever I feel like. If they want us to wear suits (usually for conferences of advocacy sessions) they tell us but they dont mind if you dont come in one. Most of us have full time jobs wearing suits during the week though so they may be more lenient?
Any word from Atlantic?
Reply 3006
No news from 6 Pump Court after second round. Anyone else heard either way?
Original post by SFLaw

Depends on your provider, as far as I can tell. At City, you wore whatever you pleased, even for advocacy, but I understand that some providers require a suit.

In other news, best of luck to everyone waiting on an outcome on Monday. I remember being in your position. It took me two tries, but I got there in the end. Try not to beat yourself up too much before Monday - I had completely written off the set I eventually got pupillage at because I thought the interview was so bad, so you never know what's going to happen.

If anyone would like advice post-results, feel free to PM me. I'll keep an eye on this thread too.
Original post by pupild
No news from 6 Pump Court after second round. Anyone else heard either way?

Nope nothing my side. I saw someone on the thread had unfortunately received a post second round rejection but otherwise no news... Best of luck!!
Original post by scavo86
Any word from Atlantic?

Nothing for me yet although my gateway status changed earlier today to Under Consideration having been at First interview for a little while - this could just be moving things ahead of Monday but if anyone has or hasn't had a change yet I would be really grateful to hear as the wait is killing me as I am sure it is you!
So I got an email from Farringdon and a gateway update to unsuccessful and today it's changed back to applied. Has anyone else had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victorioussecret
So I got an email from Farringdon and a gateway update to unsuccessful and today it's changed back to applied. Has anyone else had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine hasn't yet changed from applied at all although I'm not hopefully of an interview as gateway has been a disaster for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick question: This year, 1 August lands on a bank holiday Monday - does this matter, or will Pupillage offers come out on Gateway anyway?

Edit: Apologies. It seems my iPhone calendar was pointing out the Scottish Summer Bank Holiday. The one in England and Wales is 29 August.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pupillageman20
Quick question: This year, 1st August lands on a bank holiday Monday - does this matter, or will Pupillage offers come out on Gateway anyway?

The 1st isn't a Bank Holiday.
Original post by new_tricks
The 1st isn't a Bank Holiday.

Oh, sorry. It seems my iPhone calendar was pointing out the Scottish Summer Bank Holiday. The one in England and Wales is 29 August. I guess Monday is answer day then! Thank you for clearing that up.

:rolleyes::
In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the summer bank holiday is on the last Monday of August. In Scotland it is on the first Monday of August. This day marks the end of the summer holidays for many people who return to work or school in the autumn.
http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/uk/summer-bank-holiday
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pupillageman20
Quick question: This year, 1st August lands on a bank holiday Monday - does this matter, or will Pupillage offers come out on Gateway anyway?

Isnt it just a Scottish bank holiday? Fairly sure England is in late August
Original post by Lawatoxbridge
Isnt it just a Scottish bank holiday? Fairly sure England is in late August

Yes, my bad! I will edit that post now.
Reply 3017
Original post by pupilpleaser
Nope nothing my side. I saw someone on the thread had unfortunately received a post second round rejection but otherwise no news... Best of luck!!

Thanks. Good luck to you too. I didn't know chambers reject before 1 August
Is anybody still waiting to hear from Farringdon as I have seen people say they have received both invites and rejections on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
Is anybody still waiting to hear from Farringdon as I have seen people say they have received both invites and rejections on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without wanting to be the bearer of bad news, interviews were earlier this week with the offer planned to go out on Monday per the timetable. No second rounds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending