The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have experience of first-round interview with Fenners (Cambridge)? Any tips gratefully received.
Reply 3241
I'm still reserved. Does anyone know what time tomorrow offerees have to make their decisions by?
Original post by 538123
I'm still reserved. Does anyone know what time tomorrow offerees have to make their decisions by?

Usually close of business, so 5pm or so.
Has anyone heard either way from 4 Brick Court ? Sorry to keep asking but would be good to know for sure! Thanks
Original post by Igor_the_Cat
Has anyone heard either way from 4 Brick Court ? Sorry to keep asking but would be good to know for sure! Thanks

No word yet from 4 Brick Court.
Original post by Igor_the_Cat

Original post by bookladder
No word yet from 4 Brick Court.

That makes 3 of us waiting... Bizzare
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, has anybody heard from Westgate Chambers/ the Nursing and Midwifery Council or is still waiting?

I just want to be put out of my misery
GLS interview invites out
Original post by Powertothepupil
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, has anybody heard from Westgate Chambers/ the Nursing and Midwifery Council or is still waiting?

I just want to be put out of my misery

Hi. I applied to Westgate and haven't heard anything. My friend was invited to an interview last year (but didn't end up going) and she said it was during the third week of August she was called and asked to attend.
Reply 3249
Anyone still a reserve? This is dragging on.
Original post by 538123
Anyone still a reserve? This is dragging on.

Are you in contact with chambers? Assuming they are a PG set, it's been over 2 weeks now, so I would've thought if they hadn't heard back from the initial person, they would have offered it to you. Definitely worth speaking with them if you haven't done so already. I can't believe you are STILL waiting for a response - that's awful! Best of luck.
Reply 3251
I'm wondering whether it's just a silent rejection. I know there were other reserves too, not just me. Not sure where I was on the list though. I called last week to ask what's going on and I was told I'd be informed once they know. To call or not to call.

Original post by wannabeebar
Are you in contact with chambers? Assuming they are a PG set, it's been over 2 weeks now, so I would've thought if they hadn't heard back from the initial person, they would have offered it to you. Definitely worth speaking with them if you haven't done so already. I can't believe you are STILL waiting for a response - that's awful! Best of luck.
Not getting back to candidates post final round is appalling. I'm still waiting on two. It's bad enough, Let alone being tortured by being a reserve. I feel for you.
I see that 4KBW is advertising for a 2nd six (of no use to me) but did anyone hear back from them re the 1st six they advertised a few weeks ago?
4 brick court - finally managed to speak to someone on the committee. Offers went out according to gateway timetable on 1st. Gateway should've updated itself - but in my case, it hasn't. They blamed it on technical difficulties.

Gave me really nice feedback on the phone and encouraged me to apply again etc. etc.
Westgate interviews out
Original post by bar_habit
Westgate interviews out

Congratulations! I am really hoping they are still calling people/inviting or it is next year for me.
Reply 3257
Yes i did. Got rejected a few days ago.
Just by chance does anyone know any 4 Breams Buildings accepted pupils? Either October this year or April next year?
Original post by SIE2013
For those who secured pupillage - what are your plans from now until your pupillage start date? - Travelling, working etc? :smile:

Interested to see this question. Is the reality then that most people securing pupillage have already done the BPTC? I ask as someone who will embark on the Gateway for the first time in 2017, but that presumes chambers are happy to see applicants in their last year of a law degree.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending