The Student Room Group

Why aren't we allowed to ignore moderators/admins?

Hello!

I recently tried to add a user to my ignore list, but when I clicked 'Okay', I got a warning saying that the user is a moderator/admin and that I'm not allowed to ignore them.

Why are moderators and admins exempt from being added to ignore lists?

Original post by Leviathan1741
Hello!

I recently tried to add a user to my ignore list, but when I clicked 'Okay', I got a warning saying that the user is a moderator/admin and that I'm not allowed to ignore them.

Why are moderators and admins exempt from being added to ignore lists?

Hello :h:

(hope it wasn't me! :afraid:)

Sorry to hear you're having problems with some members on the site, it's never good. :frown: The thing with the ignore list not ignoring mods and other staff has been brought up before and as far as I know... it's about the possibility that you may miss an announcement or they may need to get in touch with you regarding something and if they were being ignored by you, you wouldn't be able to be contacted by them for what could potentially be a serious thing! I know it is annoying and I'm sorry I couldn't give you a solution. :frown:

Although, if you are experiencing issues with anyone on the site, no matter if they're a moderator etc. or not, always know you can pop your concerns privately in AtCT. :hugs:

Ethan
Original post by iEthan
Hello :h:

(hope it wasn't me! :afraid:)

Sorry to hear you're having problems with some members on the site, it's never good. :frown: The thing with the ignore list not ignoring mods and other staff has been brought up before and as far as I know... it's about the possibility that you may miss an announcement or they may need to get in touch with you regarding something and if they were being ignored by you, you wouldn't be able to be contacted by them for what could potentially be a serious thing! I know it is annoying and I'm sorry I couldn't give you a solution. :frown:

Although, if you are experiencing issues with anyone on the site, no matter if they're a moderator etc. or not, always know you can pop your concerns privately in AtCT. :hugs:

Ethan

Hey Ethan! No it wasn't you, don't worry :tongue:

Thanks for the response, that's what I thought but I just wanted it confirmed really :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hey Ethan! No it wasn't you, don't worry :tongue:

Thanks for the response, that's what I thought but I just wanted it confirmed really :smile:

No problem - hope everything is ok and if you ever do need to chat, my inbox is always open! :hugs:
Original post by iEthan
No problem - hope everything is ok and if you ever do need to chat, my inbox is always open! :hugs:

Thank you Ethan, you're so kind :hugs:
to be fair for some reason this goes well beyond just support team/staff members. I'm apparently un-ignorable but I aint no mod.
Original post by PQ
to be fair for some reason this goes well beyond just support team/staff members. I'm apparently un-ignorable but I aint no mod.

You've still got certain permissions like in Uni Life though, so, perhaps through being PS Reviewer the same thing applies where people can't ignore you.
Original post by mobbsy91
You've still got certain permissions like in Uni Life though, so, perhaps through being PS Reviewer the same thing applies where people can't ignore you.

I know that's why - but the reason for making ST/CT members un-ignorable doesn't apply to people with community assistant powers. We should be ignorable :yes:
Original post by PQ
I know that's why - but the reason for making ST/CT members un-ignorable doesn't apply to people with community assistant powers. We should be ignorable :yes:

Oh haha, fairs, but yeh xD I guess if you're reviewing someone's PS though and they then don't see it because they've ignored you?? :dontknow:

Quite frankly, I'd like to ignore a couple of ST members purely because their posts thoroughly irritate me :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending