The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The finishing touch would be to lose 2-0 to Leicester and have Vardy and Mahrez on the scoresheet.
Original post by Vividly clear
The finishing touch would be to lose 2-0 to Leicester and have Vardy and Mahrez on the scoresheet.

Lose to Leicester and all hell will break loose. Wenger always somehow manages to keep the club mediocre but escape going over the edge by the slimmest of margins.
so two leicster players have mugged us off this summer..

Whereas chelsea managed to go in and swoop one of their best players, no hassle..

Arsenal, doing us proud as always.
Reply 9383
I will lol so much if you lose to Leicester.

I would usually say you'll win but honestly I don't know.
Original post by James.Carnell
I am actually hoping that we finish below 4th this season, we need a big shakeup at the club and its not going to happen unless there is mass outrage. I think Spurs finishing below us made Wenger feel like the season was a success.

Hoping for failure ffs. Wenger won't stick around beyond this season, no point trying to nuke our outcome.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I will lol so much if you lose to Leicester.

I would usually say you'll win but honestly I don't know.

dont even know..

Leicster is a team we should be confident against, we were the only team last year to do the double over them..

But after loosing to liverpool, another team that we have a great record against, I have no confidence in getting a result against leicster.

Especially after they have completly made us look like nobs all summer
Ffs why do some of our fans think Mahrez mugged us off? We weren't ever in for him! Ornstein said as much.

If you're upset because you believed some Algerian journo and a couple twitter itk's then you need to have a look at yourself, because frankly, you're the only to have been mugged off...
Original post by leinad2012
Ffs why do some of our fans think Mahrez mugged us off? We weren't ever in for him! Ornstein said as much.

If you're upset because you believed some Algerian journo and a couple twitter itk's then you need to have a look at yourself, because frankly, you're the only to have been mugged off...

I was so naive, please forgive me. :ashamed2: :cry2: I should have listened to the ornacle. Now all I have are broken dreams of fantasy football.

(But in all srsness, surely a club of our size financially can buy someone like Gabriel Barbosa even though we look like a footballing joke at the moment. Seriously, Arsenal is a figure of ridicule these days and I would much rather be a winner with an oiley owner than sit righteously in defeat year after year, humiliation after humiliation.)
Original post by fallen_acorns
dont even know..

Leicster is a team we should be confident against, we were the only team last year to do the double over them..

But after loosing to liverpool, another team that we have a great record against, I have no confidence in getting a result against leicster.

Especially after they have completly made us look like nobs all summer

Leicester's speed up front will rip our defensive line a new collective ********. We have never really been able to deal with that kind of pace and quality in these past few seasons.
They've gone from Losscester to Lolcester in a matter of minutes huh?
I bet rival fans are amusing themselves watching our eventual demise, they'll miss us

Whereas chelsea managed to go in and swoop one of their best players, no hassle..

Only vardy mugged us off. Are you people this much of a colossal fools.

Fml were a bigger meme than Liverpool. Bunch of nonce.
Original post by swirly
Wenger right now knowing he wont make any signings:

Aug 31st, fans are furious, and Wenger assures them they are in the market for top top quality:

Makes me sad when I see **** like this. Wenger is one of the very few managers out there who genuinely cares about the club he's at. Most other managers just see it as a job or a stop gap or somewhere to build CV/reputation for themselves only. Someone like Mourinho would happily screw over a club for the next 5 years if it meant success for him in the short term.

Wenger obviously get none of the money that isn't being spent on players. He's spent big when it's seemed like the right thing to do.

Chelsea have an impressive track record in signing the players they decide they want. Often swooping in and agreeing terms quickly (see Salah and Willian in recent windows).
Oh Wenger, lol.

"Vardy did he give you a reason why he decided not to come?"
No. You have to respect decisions.

"Did it change summer plans?"

As you've seen very little happens on the market as a whole. It's down to the availability of players. It could be a huge amount for average players.

Lacazette?

We don't speak about individual players. I told you what are the criteria for a player. You might also add the identity of the buyer. It multiplies the transfer price by 2 or 3 or 10. The player could be worth 5 or 10 but an English club comes in, it could be 35 or 40 or 50

Wenger just ripped Lacazette a new one lol. Guess we're not signing him then.
Man like Wenger reckons Lacazette is only worth 5 or 10 milli.
I'll be honest, I just love Arsene too much, 1996 was my first game with Dad. It breaks my heart to see him like this and the club suffering. He has brought much joy to our lives, but its time for him to go if he cannot see his obvious faults.

I would much rather we challenge for the title with Wenger than anybody else, but its not going to happen at this rate. And no man is bigger than the club.
I think Wenger is right to bemoan the kind of money PL clubs have to cough up for players - they're being charged more because of the extra money they have compared to those of other leagues. I would also think he'd be happy to splash out the cash for us to compete - but can't because Kroenke needs the money for his ranch.
I'll be honest, I just love Arsene too much, 1996 was my first game with Dad. It breaks my heart to see him like this and the club suffering. He has brought much joy to our lives, but its time for him to go if he cannot see his obvious faults.

I would much rather we challenge for the title with Wenger than anybody else, but its not going to happen at this rate. And no man is bigger than the club.

I can only remember Arsenal under Arsene. Too young to remember the days of George Graham. I was a huge fan of Wenger's and can still remember saying to my brother in 2011 I will, and so many others, cry the day he leaves.

That was in 2011. If he leaves today I won't cry. I'd be upset (of course) but I do think what he's doing is unfair, selfish and senseless. I also think he hasn't the ability to compete with Mourinho and Pep.

The club comes first. If he leaves and we win the league no body will bat an eye lid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am actually hoping that we finish below 4th this season, we need a big shakeup at the club and its not going to happen unless there is mass outrage. I think Spurs finishing below us made Wenger feel like the season was a success.

How the **** would finishing lower help us

report yourself
Original post by midnightice
Best player in the league.

Hands down. accurate passes, most assists, superb goals. Reminds me of Zidane. Absolute Composure
Original post by Joseph Freeman
Hands down. accurate passes, most assists, superb goals. Reminds me of Zidane. Absolute Composure

But he needs to deliver...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest