The Student Room Group

English Language at A Level?

So, I've decided to study 3 A levels. My definite choices are biology and chemistry but I don't know what third choice to pick. Initially I picked maths as a third and physics as a backup as I aspire to be a dentist( or something like that) but I'm torn between choosing English language instead of maths. Can anyone explain the pros and cons of English language. Also, is there a lot of analysing texts involved?
Original post by PenguinNinja
So, I've decided to study 3 A levels. My definite choices are biology and chemistry but I don't know what third choice to pick. Initially I picked maths as a third and physics as a backup as I aspire to be a dentist( or something like that) but I'm torn between choosing English language instead of maths. Can anyone explain the pros and cons of English language. Also, is there a lot of analysing texts involved?

I've just finished AS language and am moving on to the full A Level in September, my advice would be don't do it! It's full on analysing texts and nothing else - it's language and power, gender and occupation which is sort of boring if I'm honest. Plus it isn't similar to biology or chemistry, unlike maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest