The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
Thank the Lord Wenger is ditching his midget team project.

New players: Xhaka: 6'1" Holding: 6'2.5" Mustafi: 6'0" Lucas: 6'0"
All under nourished dwarves compared to what Jose is building at United.
Original post by difeo
Mustafi or Holding vs Mertesacker, and Lucas vs Giroud (assuming he's up front, he has played on the wing but was striker all of last season according to whoscored)

Overall height of team is bigger. We are not playing Cazorla, Cesc, Wilshere, Arshavin height players as starters now. No need to have a team of basketball players.
Original post by Fizzel
All under nourished dwarves compared to what Jose is building at United.

Gonna laugh when Pogba flops and you become perennially second to Pep. But hey, second is the best loser as we are always told.
Gonna laugh when Pogba flops and you become perennially second to Pep. But hey, second is the best loser as we are always told.
Pogba isn't going to flop, be real, its the hope that kills. Pogba as a flop is still going to be pretty much the best midfielder in the league. Jose is a better fit for the league than Pep with our current teams, long road to Pep before teams like Leicester aren't going to cause problems with Kolarov as an Alaba replacement. What do you envision you guys to be doing while we're fighting for the title anyway?
This Pep hype is actually funny.
Original post by Fizzel
Pogba isn't going to flop, be real, its the hope that kills. Pogba as a flop is still going to be pretty much the best midfielder in the league. Jose is a better fit for the league than Pep with our current teams, long road to Pep before teams like Leicester aren't going to cause problems with Kolarov as an Alaba replacement. What do you envision you guys to be doing while we're fighting for the title anyway?

De Bruyne. David Silva. Pep is a better coach and will get the best out of them. Pogba is a flat track bully and the price is based on speculation of potential and commercials.

Don't see how Pep will have a problem with the wingers he has now and the 80%+ possession.

I don't know, it is pretty irrelevant since Mourinho will leave as per usual after a few seasons. You will win 1 title if you're lucky I guess.
A few days ago I was thinking about Arsenal, and I thought "what they really need to complete their puzzle and win the title or even Europe is a guy who has never scored in at least half of his matches despite playing in Spain, Greece and Ukraine".

Wenger buys some good players, but he's like when someone buys a load of stuff because it's on sale and enjoying the feeling of a bargain without realising it's not something they either wanted or needed and would never have bought had it been full price or undamaged.
De Bruyne. David Silva. Pep is a better coach and will get the best out of them. Pogba is a flat track bully and the price is based on speculation of potential and commercials.

Don't see how Pep will have a problem with the wingers he has now and the 80%+ possession.

I don't know, it is pretty irrelevant since Mourinho will leave as per usual after a few seasons. You will win 1 title if you're lucky I guess.

Pep don't stay around.

Didn't see De Bruyne or any other PL midfielder standing on the TOTY podium. Did you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
This Pep hype is actually funny.

You won two games and think you're title winners lol. Man Utd fans will be amazing to troll come your eventual demise, it will be even funnier than your **** show under Moyes and LVG.
Original post by Rk2k14
Pep don't stay around.

Didn't see De Bruyne standing on the TOTY podium. Did you?

The idea that Pogba's talent level is higher than KDB is funny. He has done nothing to prove so.

Pogba is all hype, not Pep. Pep has actually won everything... thrice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9690
Xhaka, Mustafi, Holding and Perez

Good window or...?

If the deals go through I think we'll be quite strong

I'm ok with Ox, Theo, Welbz and Iwobi fighting for RW spot

A lot of completion in the side for everyone which is good

I do think we need to address the LB position in Jan though, Monreal gets injured and were ****ed
You won two games and think you're title winners lol. Man Utd fans will be amazing to troll come your eventual demise, it will be even funnier than your **** show under Moyes and LVG.

Reply 9692
Yeah pretty much what James says.

But you have to take results from big teams. Lets be honest Chelsea you're getting 1 point out of 6 and probably the same for United and City(well 3 points out of 6 for you lot)

So this 5 point lead has kinda got you ****ed.

Also Eden Hazard is clearly the best midfielder in the league anyway. Pogba is a great jack of all trades though, can do everything and play everywhere in midfield. Personally I think Pogba is basically Milner on some serious MDMA while also sharing a potara earing with Coutinho. Makes a ****ing beast player but I don't think he's the best midfielder in the league.
(edited 7 years ago)
The idea that Pogba's talent level is higher than KDB is funny. He has done nothing to prove so.

Pogba is all hype, not Pep. Pep has actually won everything... thrice.

Not sure if this is all a joke or...
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah pretty much what James says.

But you have to take results from big teams. Lets be honest Chelsea you're getting 1 point out of 6 and probably the same for United and City(well 3 points out of 6 for you lot)

So this 5 point lead has kinda got you ****ed.

Ok mate.
One day I might post "@James.Carnell is a piece of **** **** who got fiddled by his uncle" on the Arsenal subreddit just to see if he reposts it on here....:wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9696
Original post by Rk2k14
Ok mate.

Well you read my post wrong because I was talking about Arsenal after the bit where I agreed with James. I meant the 5 point lead we have over Arsenal and I name dropped Arsenal getting 1 point out of 6 vs United.
Original post by SA-1
Xhaka, Mustafi, Holding and Perez

Good window or...?

If the deals go through I think we'll be quite strong

I'm ok with Ox, Theo, Welbz and Iwobi fighting for RW spot

A lot of completion in the side for everyone which is good

I do think we need to address the LB position in Jan though, Monreal gets injured and were ****ed

With a good defence we have a good chance against any side. Their defences are not so great that we cannot score against them.

Pogba :
He often loses the ball and misplaces passes, very sloppy passes and trappings a lot of the time. He's strong, good at long range shots and does some flashy moves then people say he's God. Like wtf. Also he goes out of form, a £100m player should not.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Well you read my post wrong because I was talking about Arsenal after the bit where I agreed with James. I meant the 5 point lead we have over Arsenal and I name dropped Arsenal getting 1 point out of 6 vs United.

Fair do's.
Love how you've become a City fan. Not even entertaining the idea Arsenal are up to the challenge of stopping a Jose lead United. Rather tragic when a fan of a top team is pinning hopes on a rival 2 games into the season.

Like Pep hasn't said he rates Pogba and put out those feelers previously.

We aren't walking to the title by any means, but looking to other teams and hoping for flops. Reality is staring you in the face.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest