The Student Room Group

Should I take Triple Science GCSE?

I have been given the option to do Triple Science GCSE as well as Additional Science GCSE. I feel like I should do it because I want to take Biology and Psychology A-Level but I will only have 1 year to learn all the course during before school classes and a lot of extra homework. Any advice?
Yes take triple, its much better to get a GCSE in each individual subject imo
Original post by lucyelkin
I have been given the option to do Triple Science GCSE as well as Additional Science GCSE. I feel like I should do it because I want to take Biology and Psychology A-Level but I will only have 1 year to learn all the course during before school classes and a lot of extra homework. Any advice?

It's completely up to you, of course there is more work for Triple Science and you do only have a year but if you work hard you will definitely come out with good grades. Also, taking Triple Science will give you more detail into Biology which will help at A-Level as that is what you're taking. I did Triple and getting 3 Science GCSEs feels so much better, you will feel like all the hard work paid off if you get top grades.

It's not impossible, and if you think you're capable of handling the workload - nothing is stopping you! Good luck in whatever decision you make.

I took Triple Science and I really enjoyed it and I don't think it will be too difficult for you to learn the course. There are plenty of revision videos eg Mygcsescience and other resources you can use to help you. Taking Biology as a separate subject will also help you with the A level.
Reply 4
I took triple science and really enjoyed it, it streches you further and if you want to take science at A level it bridges that gap a bit more. I am proof that Further Additional Science is great, I got an A* in it and an A in Further Science!!!
Reply 5

Go for it triple science is good preparation for A level sciences.
I think you should because I found that in Triple Science a lot of the things are repeated in the later units. I feel that its easier to get higher grades in Triple science. In the end it really doesnt matter as long as you get the grades you need to get into A levels.
I just did triple Science and if you have some common sense it was easy to do. Just revise regularly and dont let work to pile on you.
QUOTE=lucyelkin;67234784]I have been given the option to do Triple Science GCSE as well as Additional Science GCSE. I feel like I should do it because I want to take Biology and Psychology A-Level but I will only have 1 year to learn all the course during before school classes and a lot of extra homework. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest